Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide]How to merge multiple mmssms.db into one file .

250 posts
Thanks Meter: 44
By Dwama, Senior Member on 31st May 2012, 01:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hiya there.
Im kinda new here in this forum so greet me well . ^^
Well I juz finished searching and figured out . I would like to share how to combine multiple mmssms.db (Message Data) file into one file where the file located on /data/data/

So what we gonna need is these 2 file .

*[TOOL] yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter
*SMS Backup & Restore

1. Extract yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter to you main drive. (Like mine ish C:\ )

So theres the file that you extracted located open it up and see wether all the file extracted is same as in the pic.

2. Next we have to put the *.db file in the yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter folder,I have 2 backup *.db so I made 2 folder(Message1 and Message2) which is each mmssms.db file in each folder.

3. So now were gonna convert the *.db file into *.xml .
Run cmd and put this command . (Convert all your backup *.db cause we gonna need it , depends how many you have )

cd c:\yaffs-mmssmsdb-calls-extractor

extract -s Message1\mmssms.db

Juz put anyname you like as long you put .xml along with the name .

And the converted file will be in the same folder yaffs extractor, mmssms.db & contacts2.db converter in the *.xml format . We gonna need those files soon just let it there .Now we're almost done , going to next step.

Next, install SMS Backup & Restore on your phone . Put all converted *.xml file in the /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/

Now open up SMS Backup&Restore that you have install on your sdcard.

Wait till the Apps pop out and Click on Restore , you will see the *.xml file that you have copied to the /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/ .

Now, Click on each of *.xml and restore every single of your backup message file.

And the Results ..

The Failed might be due to corrupted or unread message while backup.
Thats it ! You're done, you have merged all of you mmssms.db into one file.
Goodluck on trying , glad to help and share. ^^
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dwama For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dwama Ad-Free
1st September 2012, 04:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3
This has been a real life-saver for me. Works perfectly. Many many thanks for sharing.
15th October 2012, 10:16 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 212
Thanks a million

This is really a lifesaver,
The screen of my phone died, so all I had access to was adb and through this guide I was able to restore messages.
I did not have to merge, but it worked the same.

Thanks once again
23rd May 2013, 08:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0
Worked like a charm! I've been different methods all week, trying to copy the old mmssms.db to the database directory, and everything failed. But not this!

Tank you!
17th June 2013, 11:52 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3
agan TS
so what if we want to merge multiple contacts2.db? is it the same way? i am pretty sure it's not, the command would be different right?
30th November 2013, 09:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6
thank you for this tutorial, very helpful
2nd March 2014, 02:14 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 42
Does this merge MMS messages as well? Or does it only merge SMS text messages?

I know SMS Backup & Restore typically doesn't restore MMS so I'm thinking this method won't work for MMS.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread