Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fastboot usb issue

Tip us?

xaalfx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Fastboot usb issue

Hi guys I'm having a little issue with my machine I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit and I have adb working properly it communicates just fine with my phone when I'm in android but once I reboot into fastboot usb to try and flash the latest hboot it just seems to hang on <waiting for device> I did do a Google search and there were other people with the same issue but none of the threads I read had a solution maybe someone could shine some light on this for me please and thank you ❤

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

mopartonyg
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaalfx View Post
Hi guys I'm having a little issue with my machine I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit and I have adb working properly it communicates just fine with my phone when I'm in android but once I reboot into fastboot usb to try and flash the latest hboot it just seems to hang on <waiting for device> I did do a Google search and there were other people with the same issue but none of the threads I read had a solution maybe someone could shine some light on this for me please and thank you ❤

Hi there, I have been fighting this for months. There is no solution until htc releases new drivers. I dual boot Linux in order to use fastboot.

xaalfx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Oh I see thanks for the response I guess ill do the same