Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

looking for a rom.

Tip us?
 
MartyMar_XVII
Old
#1  
MartyMar_XVII's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 169
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bronx, New York
Default looking for a rom.

Hey guys, a friend of mine ask if I can root and install a rom for him on his note 3 and I just want to kno what you guys think are good roms that have tethering options.
 
marcoxx626
Old
#2  
marcoxx626's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 869
Posts: 1,466
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Orlando
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMar_XVII View Post
Hey guys, a friend of mine ask if I can root and install a rom for him on his note 3 and I just want to kno what you guys think are good roms that have tethering options.
Read... Read... Read...
The Following User Says Thank You to marcoxx626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MartyMar_XVII
Old
#3  
MartyMar_XVII's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 169
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bronx, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoxx626 View Post
Read... Read... Read...
I guess, I was trying to avoid it, lol. Too many roms to read through. Thanks.
 
bryanthomas007
Old
#4  
bryanthomas007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 114
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lawrence
I'm running Wicked Rom V5 with Compulsion Rom and it is smooth and fast with no lag. I'also running Apex launcher also.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to bryanthomas007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
atlzonly89
Old
#5  
atlzonly89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 110
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Atlanta GA
The best option is to read. Pick a rom for that day, read through the whole topic. Thats what I did. Im hsing jedi elite with saber kernel. I have to say, I havent had any issues with it. If not, then good luck. Dont know whag else to tell you....because reading through is yiur best friend. You can ask people what the best rom is but you wont know the features and issues on the rom until you dont read uo on it.....

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Sorry for the typing errors. Darn you swype.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to atlzonly89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MartyMar_XVII
Old
#6  
MartyMar_XVII's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 169
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bronx, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanthomas007 View Post
I'm running Wicked Rom V5 with Compulsion Rom and it is smooth and fast with no lag. I'also running Apex launcher also.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlzonly89 View Post
The best option is to read. Pick a rom for that day, read through the whole topic. Thats what I did. Im hsing jedi elite with saber kernel. I have to say, I havent had any issues with it. If not, then good luck. Dont know whag else to tell you....because reading through is yiur best friend. You can ask people what the best rom is but you wont know the features and issues on the rom until you dont read uo on it.....

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Sorry for the typing errors. Darn you swype.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Thanks, I read some and found "W03 Slim V5" I'm a fan of slimkat roms, I had it on my S3, I currently have it on my Note 2, so I guess I'll install this for my friend. I wish he knew how to do this for himself.
 
BadUsername
Old
#7  
BadUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 682
Posts: 1,378
Join Date: Mar 2013
This isn't even my phone model, and I agree.

Read... Read... Read...

He's never going to get the same experience as someone else anyway. He should pick a rom he thinks looks interesting and run it for a few days to see if it's running well on his device. He's the one who should be looking through them and learning how to do the whole process from you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
atlzonly89
Old
#8  
atlzonly89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 110
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Atlanta GA
Haha. Well said. And tell him to root via kingo, and then odin twrp. But make sure his phkne is able to root that beast. I know with att you cant.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to atlzonly89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
AxAtAx
Old
#9  
AxAtAx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12196
Posts: 10,451
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ViSiONViLLE

 
DONATE TO ME
All of the roms are good, and all have their own little touch, you would need to flash a couple and see which one floats the boat, all of the people here are correct....just find the one that fits you best....

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to AxAtAx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MartyMar_XVII
Old
#10  
MartyMar_XVII's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 169
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bronx, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
This isn't even my phone model, and I agree.

Read... Read... Read...

He's never going to get the same experience as someone else anyway. He should pick a rom he thinks looks interesting and run it for a few days to see if it's running well on his device. He's the one who should be looking through them and learning how to do the whole process from you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlzonly89 View Post
Haha. Well said. And tell him to root via kingo, and then odin twrp. But make sure his phkne is able to root that beast. I know with att you cant.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman View Post
All of the roms are good, and all have their own little touch, you would need to flash a couple and see which one floats the boat, all of the people here are correct....just find the one that fits you best....

Good luck.
OK, thanks guys, I've decided to give him the slimkat rom I mentioned earlier. I just have to get home first and prep the files for rooting then installing the room, I'm most definitely going to teach him how to do it him self. If this were my note 3 I would've tried so many roms by) within the first 24 hrs of having the device lol.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes