OP JoinTheRealms

18th December 2013, 10:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Christchurch, NZ
Thanks Meter: 1,073

1,800 posts
More
hey guys,

thought id share that splashtop 2 now supports controllers, mainly the xbox 360 controller but ive been testing with a ps3 controller (bluetooth) and it works surprisingly well, the ps3 controller seems to have an issue with deadzone with the analog sticks (ive contacted suppot) but other than that latency is low and very playable, ive been testing it on a 801.11n 2.5ghz network about 20+ meters away from my router and it was still playable.

To enable controller support, you need to install a driver,

open cmd with admin permissions an run cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server\GamePad" then install_driver64.bat (or install_driver.bat for 32bit e.g.)

Restart splashtop and it should work, still the fullscreen game limitation but most games support borderless and/or windowed mode.

Enjoy
28th February 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinTheRealms

hey guys,

thought id share that splashtop 2 now supports controllers, mainly the xbox 360 controller but ive been testing with a ps3 controller (bluetooth) and it works surprisingly well, the ps3 controller seems to have an issue with deadzone with the analog sticks (ive contacted suppot) but other than that latency is low and very playable, ive been testing it on a 801.11n 2.5ghz network about 20+ meters away from my router and it was still playable.

To enable controller support, you need to install a driver,

open cmd with admin permissions an run cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server\GamePad" then install_driver64.bat (or install_driver.bat for 32bit e.g.)

Restart splashtop and it should work, still the fullscreen game limitation but most games support borderless and/or windowed mode.

Enjoy

I'm having a little trouble with this. I've seen a few other people online with the same problem, just no answers yet. I did everything just as you said there, just as the splashtop website says, that is. I had it say "echo off" and then a few seconds later, windows asked me if I wanted to install the driver. So I did, it installed, and I restarted splashtop. I even restarted my pc, when that failed. Either way, when I plug my Xbox 360 Controller for Windows into the usb of the dock of my ASUS tf300t, it just blinks the green circle and the only control I have is the left analog, and maybe like one other button. Any ideas?
1st March 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Christchurch, NZ

1,800 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming_down

I'm having a little trouble with this. I've seen a few other people online with the same problem, just no answers yet. I did everything just as you said there, just as the splashtop website says, that is. I had it say "echo off" and then a few seconds later, windows asked me if I wanted to install the driver. So I did, it installed, and I restarted splashtop. I even restarted my pc, when that failed. Either way, when I plug my Xbox 360 Controller for Windows into the usb of the dock of my ASUS tf300t, it just blinks the green circle and the only control I have is the left analog, and maybe like one other button. Any ideas?

Hmm are you using a custom rom? with my tests i used a ps3 controller and sixaxis app to access it, also does this happen on native android games? try recreate a driver using usb/bt control app
1st March 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #4  

9 posts
Quote:

Hmm are you using a custom rom? with my tests i used a ps3 controller and sixaxis app to access it, also does this happen on native android games? try recreate a driver using usb/bt control app

No custom rom. I do not have the tablet rooted at all, which disables me from being able to use the sixaxis app to test my ps3 controller or the usb/bt app. However, you are correct, both the PS3 controller and the Xbox360 controller for windows work perfectly on native android apps like GTA:Vice City and various emulators. So I guess that just leaves Splashtop. I'm nearly 100% certain that the Splashtop software the tf300t comes pre-loaded with is Splashtop 2. But I could be wrong.
1st March 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag Christchurch, NZ

1,800 posts
More
Quote:

No custom rom. I do not have the tablet rooted at all, which disables me from being able to use the sixaxis app to test my ps3 controller or the usb/bt app. However, you are correct, both the PS3 controller and the Xbox360 controller for windows work perfectly on native android apps like GTA:Vice City and various emulators. So I guess that just leaves Splashtop. I'm nearly 100% certain that the Splashtop software the tf300t comes pre-loaded with is Splashtop 2. But I could be wrong.

Oh make sure you download the latest splashtop 2 app from playstore, if you haven't already thats almost certainly your problem
1st March 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #6  

9 posts
Quote:

Oh make sure you download the latest splashtop 2 app from playstore, if you haven't already thats almost certainly your problem

Yeah, I did that too. lol. Still no go. I then went back and uninstalled and reinstalled all the software. Still no go. I was now thinking I'm just going to have to use a ps3 controller connected wirelessly to my pc upstairs, but that would require me spending another 15 bucks on a bluetooth usb adapter. I don't want to do that. lol.
1st March 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #7  
Flag Christchurch, NZ

1,800 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah, I did that too. lol. Still no go. I then went back and uninstalled and reinstalled all the software. Still no go. I was now thinking I'm just going to have to use a ps3 controller connected wirelessly to my pc upstairs, but that would require me spending another 15 bucks on a bluetooth usb adapter. I don't want to do that. lol.

Maybe time to switch to CromiX and try? im actually surprised there are people who haven't yet its far...far better than the laggy stock firmware

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread