Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q. battery question

Tip us?
 
podagee
Old
#1  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 1,372
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Default Q. battery question

Is anyone experiencing weird issues with battery before recharging? i had 2 days phone on batt and 3hrs screen on. It was at 53 % before i decided to charge. I fully charged it and now im losing 10% every hour even with phone on idle. Its weird cause every other charge will last a long time.
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
wolfclan68
Old
#2  
wolfclan68's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 173
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chula Vista, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee View Post
Is anyone experiencing weird issues with battery before recharging? i had 2 days phone on batt and 3hrs screen on. It was at 53 % before i decided to charge. I fully charged it and now im losing 10% every hour even with phone on idle. Its weird cause every other charge will last a long time.
Yeah, I'm still stock on this phone and I'm getting inconsistent battery life. I usually charge every night, so I'm running about 16-17 hours per day. Almost identical usage each day but one day I'll plug in with 45-50% remaining and the next it will be dead when i plug in. Very odd. I'm going to root this thing just so I can get rid of the bloat apps. Well, that may not be the only reason I root. I may be compelled to put some AOSP on this and see how it rocks it.
LG G2 LS980 CloudyFlex 2.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P-5113 10.1, SlimKat 5.6

Retired:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Rooted/Stock 4.3
Samsung Moment (Crappiece)
 
Prerevision
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 159
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Richmond
well i don`t really recommend to ROOT stock rom, it caused for me a battery drain ! also KitKat known for drain issue even on Pure android on Nexus 5. I don`t really know a fix but i`d give u some tip and it might help

1. Re-flash D80020c
2. After re-flash do a factory reset
3. Don`t root or mod your OS
4. Turn off Sync or Location Service (or set to battery saver mode)

i did those steps and i have 34 hour on battery:
3 Hour screen on time (and about 30-40 min gaming in this 3 hour)
Left about 49%

i hope i helped a little :P
Current Phone: LG G2 [D800] *Factory Unlocked*
Rom: OptimusG3 Port or CloudyG3 (Depends which one is good and updated)

My Skills: PHP, C# (barely using and little bit forgotten)
 
GenoMuch
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Mar 2014
Potential solutions:
◾Have a look in Settings > General > Battery and see what seems to be using the most power. You could have a problem app thatís using GPS or trying to update frequently. If you can identify the culprit then you can remove it.
◾Thereís a slim chance you have a faulty handset. If adjusting your usage and tweaking settings doesnítí result in any improvement then take your LG G2 back to the retailer or carrier and get a replacement.
 
podagee
Old
#5  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 1,372
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoMuch View Post
Potential solutions:
◾Have a look in Settings > General > Battery and see what seems to be using the most power. You could have a problem app thatís using GPS or trying to update frequently. If you can identify the culprit then you can remove it.
◾Thereís a slim chance you have a faulty handset. If adjusting your usage and tweaking settings doesnítí result in any improvement then take your LG G2 back to the retailer or carrier and get a replacement.
I always have location turned off with all bloatware rwmoved. I honestly think you have to drain it to about 20% then charge. Cause i never have problems when i do that. Gonna try and drain it out again and recharge and see what happens then.
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
Sfkn2
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 889
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Are you having issues on KitKat out jellybean?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
 
podagee
Old
#7  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 1,372
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfkn2 View Post
Are you having issues on KitKat out jellybean?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Its kitkat,it says rooted d80020c in my signature. Well here is my latest results. Left it on overnight and was at 53% with data off. Checked it this morning and everything was back to normal again no battery drain or low estimated battery times.weird cause i charged it around this percentage. I think you have to take it down to at least 20 before charging will find out later today when i charge.
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
Prerevision
Old
(Last edited by Prerevision; 2nd March 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 159
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Richmond
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee View Post
Its kitkat,it says rooted d80020c in my signature. Well here is my latest results. Left it on overnight and was at 53% with data off. Checked it this morning and everything was back to normal again no battery drain or low estimated battery times.weird cause i charged it around this percentage. I think you have to take it down to at least 20 before charging will find out later today when i charge.
well i really not heard about Deep sleep drain but while idle it`s drains bit faster then JB, with jb i could get max 40 hour and about 6hr screen on time and + 10-15% battery while on KK i can get 42 hour but about 5 hr and 45 min screen on time with 0% battery it`s seems a bit problem for 4.4.2 i think Google will fix it and hopefull we`ll get new update from AT&T if this prob will fixed

P.S i saw that if battery at 100%, overnight it won`t fall to 99 but while battery is on below 100% it drains about 1-2 % overnight is that a known prob?
Current Phone: LG G2 [D800] *Factory Unlocked*
Rom: OptimusG3 Port or CloudyG3 (Depends which one is good and updated)

My Skills: PHP, C# (barely using and little bit forgotten)
 
podagee
Old
#9  
podagee's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 246
Posts: 1,372
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: kahului
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerevision View Post
well i really not heard about Deep sleep drain but while idle it`s drains bit faster then JB, with jb i could get max 40 hour and about 6hr screen on time and + 10-15% battery while on KK i can get 42 hour but about 5 hr and 45 min screen on time with 0% battery it`s seems a bit problem for 4.4.2 i think Google will fix it and hopefull we`ll get new update from AT&T if this prob will fixed

P.S i saw that if battery at 100%, overnight it won`t fall to 99 but while battery is on below 100% it drains about 1-2 % overnight is that a known prob?
1-2% overnight seems pretty good. Im sure thats normal.
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

 
Sfkn2
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 889
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by podagee View Post
1-2% overnight seems pretty good. Im sure thats normal.

2% overnight is pretty good, given that it's on WIFI I'm assuming?

I lost 25% overnight last night when I was off WIFI, so I factory resetted mine.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more