Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,706 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installed custom ROM over stock. Dead phone

Tip us?
 
Headlines34
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default Installed custom ROM over stock. Dead phone

I installed a custom rom over my stock. Now my phone powers on and a dead android with an open chest and a red exclamation point appears and the phone basically goes into a boot loop

Not sure what to do from here. Any advice?

Thanks(noob)
 
ravilov
Old
#2  
ravilov's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1317
Posts: 2,156
Join Date: Jan 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
You don't seriously expect any help or info after giving so little information, do you?
The very least that you needed to say is the history and the state of the device before flashing, and what ROM did you try to put on and how.
 
palmbeach05
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 494
Posts: 1,452
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ft. Walton Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headlines34 View Post
I installed a custom rom over my stock. Now my phone powers on and a dead android with an open chest and a red exclamation point appears and the phone basically goes into a boot loop

Not sure what to do from here. Any advice?

Thanks(noob)
Please provide more info about your situation, or you'll be a perfect example of the video below.

 
Headlines34
Old
(Last edited by Headlines34; 2nd March 2014 at 12:15 PM.)
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default More info

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
Please provide more info about your situation, or you'll be a perfect example of the video below.




Unlocked, rooted, supered, safestrap. Made it that far then made the mistake of installing CyanFox 4.4.2 OFFICIAL over the stock rom. Now the dead android with the open chest appears and the phone does a loop
 
Headlines34
Old
(Last edited by Headlines34; 2nd March 2014 at 01:13 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
I installed I installed CyanFox 4.4.2 OFFICIAL over the stock rom slot without wiping the phone first. I have flashed phones before but this time I acted to quickly
 
palmbeach05
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 494
Posts: 1,452
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ft. Walton Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headlines34 View Post
Unlocked, rooted, supered, safestrap. Made it that far then made the mistake of installing CyanFox 4.4.2 OFFICIAL over the stock rom. Now the dead android with the open chest appears and the phone does a loop
What device do you have?

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
 
Headlines34
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
What device do you have?

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
Atrix HD
 
ravilov
Old
#8  
ravilov's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1317
Posts: 2,156
Join Date: Jan 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
I suggest you check which board you are in.
HINT: not the Atrix HD.
 
palmbeach05
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 494
Posts: 1,452
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ft. Walton Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headlines34 View Post
Atrix HD
Atrix HD is my main device, so when you said CyanFox, i had a feeling you had the same device. Atrix 4G is not the same, and has yet to recieve a 4.4 build.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes