Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

US backer here with a 512/4GB model

OP gossipninja

2nd March 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
So I got my watch today, and it has a NA baseband and makes calls over Tmobile, but only have 512 ram and 4gb storage.

Omate said ALL North American backers would get 1gb / 8gb (I actually paid for a 1gb/4gb) so it is odd, since I didn't even think they MADE any 512/4gb NA models.

Anyone else get a 512/4 model in North America?
2nd March 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,282

2,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
There have been a couple reports of this. Not sure you Omate feels about this but flashing the U.S. firmware may fix this. If it doesn't then somebody owes you a replacement.

If you plan to flash the stock NA 1900 firmware then use one of the guides here for flashing back to stock.
2nd March 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

There have been a couple reports of this. Not sure you Omate feels about this but flashing the U.S. firmware may fix this. If it doesn't then somebody owes you a replacement.

If you plan to flash the stock NA 1900 firmware then use one of the guides here for flashing back to stock.

yeah Daniel and I have been talking in KS comments, yeah it must be a euro with US firmware.

It can only get EDGE.

Waited so long too.
4th March 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Well, I received what looks like a 1gb/4gb model but the box has a sticker with 1gb/8gb on it and I did not receive my extra charging cable (at least is shows just over 1gb memory and 4.??gb storage. I can't tell yet if I have the correct radio inside. I am about to try my iPhone sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipninja

So I got my watch today, and it has a NA baseband and makes calls over Tmobile, but only have 512 ram and 4gb storage.

Omate said ALL North American backers would get 1gb / 8gb (I actually paid for a 1gb/4gb) so it is odd, since I didn't even think they MADE any 512/4gb NA models.

Anyone else get a 512/4 model in North America?

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Well, the newer iPhone sim cards are smaller than the TS so I couldn't try it. Is there any way to tell if I have the right version before I go and void the warrant to install a larger memory card? I don't want to go and do anything if I have to send it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesarm97

Well, I received what looks like a 1gb/4gb model but the box has a sticker with 1gb/8gb on it and I did not receive my extra charging cable (at least is shows just over 1gb memory and 4.??gb storage. I can't tell yet if I have the correct radio inside. I am about to try my iPhone sim.

4th March 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

2,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
@jamesarm97

Settings/System/About/Baseband

1900 Baseband = MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4.P1

If it is missing the "P1" then that's the 2100 baseband. HOWEVER there has already been one report of a 512/4 with the 1900 baseband out of the box.

Are you sure it's a 1/4?
4th March 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Ok. I have the correct version (with P1). I must have actual received the version I backed (1gb/4gb) even though they mentioned US getting the 8gb version. I am showing 1.27gb internal space and 4.91 Phone storage. Am I reading that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

@jamesarm97

Settings/System/About/Baseband

1900 Baseband = MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4.P1

If it is missing the "P1" then that's the 2100 baseband. HOWEVER there has already been one report of a 512/4 with the 1900 baseband out of the box.

Are you sure it's a 1/4?

4th March 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #7  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 8

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesarm97

Ok. I have the correct version (with P1). I must have actual received the version I backed (1gb/4gb) even though they mentioned US getting the 8gb version. I am showing 1.27gb internal space and 4.91 Phone storage. Am I reading that right?

I think the Omate software takes about 3.09GB that's why phone storage is about half of 8GB

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
4th March 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #8  
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars

2,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
8GB it the total space. This is used for the OS, kernel, bootloader apps and so on. This is no different than any other Android phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread