Home button

OP albertocastillo2001

1st March 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

78 posts
More
Hi

A bit of water got inside the home button. I tried to open it and dry it without dissassembling the screen using a hair dryer. It worked fine for a day, but now it's not working anymore.

I don't have my hopes too high, but is there away to clean the home button without disassembling the whole screen? I don't have equipment to open the screen and will probably crack it in the end

Anyone who has been able to fix the Home button without opening the screen?

It's the second time I have this problem, the first time this happpened my phone was under warranty

Thanks
2nd March 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,247

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertocastillo2001

Anyone who has been able to fix the Home button without opening the screen?

Look in My Directory (yellow Pages)
about how to take it apart and home buttons are pretty cheap in ebay or you can use button remapper to use other buttons instead of home button or use button saviour apps from google play store to have one on your desktop

2nd March 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

Look in My Directory (yellow Pages)
about how to take it apart and home buttons are pretty cheap in ebay or you can use button remapper to use other buttons instead of home button or use button saviour apps from google play store to have one on your desktop

Hi zsenman. You're always the best! ALways helping and I really appreciate your help.

I have the physical buttons mapped on the screen, just like the Nexus phones. It is ok.. I loose a bit of the screen tho.
I don't know about that remapper, I didn't seem to find anything on the guide about it. Where is it?

And about fixing the button.. I saw the guide to replace the button already.. but I would like, if it's possible, to find another way to fix it or clean it. It's pretty risky to open the whole screen to get there. I wonder how they made it so complicated...
2nd March 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines

3,920 posts
More
Quote:

I don't know about that remapper, I didn't seem to find anything on the guide about it. Where is it?

Look in [Toolkit][A.I.O Rescue & Recovery] My Android Collection under recovery tools
2nd March 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

78 posts
More
Thanks!

What about repairing the home button. Is there an easier way than dissasembling the phone screen? I can't believe it's needed to dissassemble the screen just for the buttons..

Thank you.
2nd March 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines

3,920 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks!

What about repairing the home button. Is there an easier way than dissasembling the phone screen? I can't believe it's needed to dissassemble the screen just for the buttons..

Thank you.

How to repair the home button of Galaxy S I9000

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread