FORUMS

Help, please: Boot loop during Cyanogenmod zip install

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By edizarca, Junior Member on 28th August 2012, 02:52 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

I'm not gonna panic, as I think Ive not bricked my phone YET.

Here is what I have done, I have a GALAXY S I9000.

Have been using it for quite some time now. 2 years ago, I have flashed it with - hardcore's kernel with the ClockworkMod Recovery - using Odin.

Today I decided to give Cyanogenmod a go, followed the steps here. - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Sam...l_Update_Guide

Since I have the hardoce's kernel, I skipped this Installing the ClockworkMod Recovery - and moved on to - Flashing CyanogenMod.

I will go step by step from here.
  1. Download the latest version of CyanogenMod.
  2. Optional: Download the Google Apps for the device.
  3. Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of the internal memory.
  4. Optional: Place the Google Apps .zip on the root of the internal memory also.
  5. Boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
  6. Once the device boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, use the side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select.
  7. Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.
  8. Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.
  9. Select Install zip from sdcard.

done these, no problem so far.
[*]Select Choose zip from sdcard.

when I chose this, phone rebooted, it was so fast something may have come up and I didnt see.

Now I am stuck in a boot loop:

- Galaxy S I9000 samsung screen comes up, goes away for a second, comes up again.
- A page with code appearing from the bottom comes up really fast ( logo in the middle changes quickly) then it disappears.
- whole thing starts again.

UPDATE: I got a picture of the fast screen that comes up. : http://localhostr.com/files/b5NzFRy/...2005.07.32.jpg

Some observations.

- I can go into download mode when opening it with the key combo.
- loop only stops when I unplug the battery

I need advice on what caused this and how to fix this, please help me.
Last edited by edizarca; 28th August 2012 at 03:18 AM.
 
 
28th August 2012, 03:18 AM |#2  
xsenman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,300
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edizarca

I need advice on what caused this and how to fix this, please help me.

Just flash it again ...see quick fix and solutions link below
28th August 2012, 03:24 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

Just flash it again ...see quick fix and solutions link below

I cannot see what will help me on this page, but I understand how flashing again could work.

But how with the situation I have?
28th August 2012, 03:47 AM |#4  
xsenman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,300
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edizarca

I cannot see what will help me on this page, but I understand how flashing again could work.

But how with the situation I have?

are you not able to get into recovery? If only download than you need to get back to GB and than do a progressive update from GB to ICS to JB
28th August 2012, 08:00 AM |#5  
Melombine's Avatar
Member
Flag Pori
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Flash it again. From what I've heard, it only flashes the kernel the first time.
30th August 2012, 12:41 AM |#6  
dagothe9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
I had the same problem today with CM7 today. Just reboot in recovery and flash again cm zip, form there on everything is gonna run smooth!
30th August 2012, 08:12 AM |#7  
anukilimanoor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Limerick
Thanks Meter: 398
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edizarca

Hello,

I'm not gonna panic, as I think Ive not bricked my phone YET.

Here is what I have done, I have a GALAXY S I9000.

Have been using it for quite some time now. 2 years ago, I have flashed it with - hardcore's kernel with the ClockworkMod Recovery - using Odin.

Today I decided to give Cyanogenmod a go, followed the steps here. - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Sam...l_Update_Guide

Since I have the hardoce's kernel, I skipped this Installing the ClockworkMod Recovery - and moved on to - Flashing CyanogenMod.

I will go step by step from here.

  1. Download the latest version of CyanogenMod.
  2. Optional: Download the Google Apps for the device.
  3. Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of the internal memory.
  4. Optional: Place the Google Apps .zip on the root of the internal memory also.
  5. Boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
  6. Once the device boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, use the side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select.
  7. Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.
  8. Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.
  9. Select Install zip from sdcard.

done these, no problem so far.
[*]Select Choose zip from sdcard.

when I chose this, phone rebooted, it was so fast something may have come up and I didnt see.

Now I am stuck in a boot loop:

- Galaxy S I9000 samsung screen comes up, goes away for a second, comes up again.
- A page with code appearing from the bottom comes up really fast ( logo in the middle changes quickly) then it disappears.
- whole thing starts again.

UPDATE: I got a picture of the fast screen that comes up. : http://localhostr.com/files/b5NzFRy/...2005.07.32.jpg

Some observations.

- I can go into download mode when opening it with the key combo.
- loop only stops when I unplug the battery

I need advice on what caused this and how to fix this, please help me.

Installation Procedure for CM9
If you have CWM Recovery
Copy both zip files int internal SDCARD
Boot into recovery
Do a full wipe (data/factory,cache, dalvik)
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Select the ROM
You will get boot loop
Again boot into recovery
Install the same zip file one more time
Install google app
Do a full wipe again (data/factory,cache,dalvik)
Reboot your phone
Enjoy...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anukilimanoor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2012, 09:03 AM |#8  
Member
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Hi,

I had the same pb coming from a GB
I think this pb is very common

1) DON'T WORRY !
2) Unplug the battery when bootlooping
3) Put the SGS in Recovery Mode (the CWM's version has changed)
4) Select the CM .zip and flash it AGAIN
5) When it's done, reboot system

This time, everything shoot be OK
Just be carefull with your IMEI (always have a backup of EFS folder !)
7th February 2013, 07:07 PM |#9  
Aids10's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anukilimanoor

Installation Procedure for CM9
If you have CWM Recovery
Copy both zip files int internal SDCARD
Boot into recovery
Do a full wipe (data/factory,cache, dalvik)
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
Select the ROM
You will get boot loop
Again boot into recovery
Install the same zip file one more time
Install google app
Do a full wipe again (data/factory,cache,dalvik)
Reboot your phone
Enjoy...


Thanks!, this method worked a treat
22nd February 2013, 05:56 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone have a trick yet for CM 10.1 v.22 Nightly, I keep getting a bootloop on all their versions except the original one. This is so frustrating because I have to keep going back to stock and then update to ICS.
27th February 2013, 10:21 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvarug01

Anyone have a trick yet for CM 10.1 v.22 Nightly, I keep getting a bootloop on all their versions except the original one. This is so frustrating because I have to keep going back to stock and then update to ICS.

Same here, after the Samsung and CM logos, and splash animation, it says :

"Encryption unsuccessful.
Encryption was interrupted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible.
To resume using your phone, you must perform a factory reset...."

After I tap Reset phone, it goes to CWM recovery.

Do the factory reset and the same thing occured in loop.

I came from JVU and CF root.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, cyanogenmod, galaxy s
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes