I'm not gonna panic, as I think Ive not bricked my phone YET.
Here is what I have done, I have a GALAXY S I9000.
Have been using it for quite some time now. 2 years ago, I have flashed it with - hardcore's kernel with the ClockworkMod Recovery - using Odin.
Today I decided to give Cyanogenmod a go, followed the steps here. - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Sam...l_Update_Guide
Since I have the hardoce's kernel, I skipped this Installing the ClockworkMod Recovery - and moved on to - Flashing CyanogenMod.
I will go step by step from here.
- Download the latest version of CyanogenMod.
- Optional: Download the Google Apps for the device.
- Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of the internal memory.
- Optional: Place the Google Apps .zip on the root of the internal memory also.
- Boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once the device boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, use the side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select.
- Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.
- Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
done these, no problem so far.
[*]Select Choose zip from sdcard.
when I chose this, phone rebooted, it was so fast something may have come up and I didnt see.
Now I am stuck in a boot loop:
- Galaxy S I9000 samsung screen comes up, goes away for a second, comes up again.
- A page with code appearing from the bottom comes up really fast ( logo in the middle changes quickly) then it disappears.
- whole thing starts again.
UPDATE: I got a picture of the fast screen that comes up. : http://localhostr.com/files/b5NzFRy/...2005.07.32.jpg
- I can go into download mode when opening it with the key combo.
- loop only stops when I unplug the battery
I need advice on what caused this and how to fix this, please help me.