Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3G CDMA Data in CM11

Tip us?

huatz84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Default 3G CDMA Data in CM11

I got no 3G CDMA data in CM11. It worked fine in CM10.2. In earlier build of CM10.2,I also got no 3G CDMA data. I forgot which build had it fixed. I know some of US CDMA users didn't have this issue. Don't know what could be wrong. I'm using MIUI now and thinking to switch back to CM11 coz it's much smoother and reliable. But,with no 3G CDMA data which I used a lot makes me stopped using it. So far I saw only one user reported this issue who came from Mexico. I'm from Indonesia and using Evdo rev A and Evdo rev B. There's no LTE here.
Using :
- Motorola Photon Q Sprint XT897c..
- Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Verizon XT926

kabaldan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3035

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by huatz84 View Post
I got no 3G CDMA data in CM11. It worked fine in CM10.2. In earlier build of CM10.2,I also got no 3G CDMA data. I forgot which build had it fixed. I know some of US CDMA users didn't have this issue. Don't know what could be wrong. I'm using MIUI now and thinking to switch back to CM11 coz it's much smoother and reliable. But,with no 3G CDMA data which I used a lot makes me stopped using it. So far I saw only one user reported this issue who came from Mexico. I'm from Indonesia and using Evdo rev A and Evdo rev B. There's no LTE here.
To remember which CM 10.2 build fixed it could help.

Anyway, later CM 10.2 builds switched the telephony code to stuff merged from qualcomm branches (qcril).
Just a few days ago, the qcril has been finally merged to CM 11.0 as well.
So it's the right time to give it a try.

Remember to use the most recent moto_msm8960 nightly, not the CM 11.0 M4 that will be released during the next few days (M4 has been branched just before the qcril merge).
The Following User Says Thank You to kabaldan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

huatz84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabaldan View Post
To remember which CM 10.2 build fixed it could help.

Anyway, later CM 10.2 builds switched the telephony code to stuff merged from qualcomm branches (qcril).
Just a few days ago, the qcril has been finally merged to CM 11.0 as well.
So it's the right time to give it a try.

Remember to use the most recent moto_msm8960 nightly, not the CM 11.0 M4 that will be released during the next few days (M4 has been branched just before the qcril merge).
Finally! It works great now! Thanks a lot! First boot I still got no data. But,I saw there's APN settings so I deleted all Sprint's APN's and data came out all of sudden. Awesome! This CM11 will be my daily driver. I noticed a kind of new welcome screen interface. Btw,the previous build should work if APN setting can be changed which I think not exist until qcril has been merged. Anyway,Thanks a lot to all Moto qcom devs especially kabaldan (a.k.a nadlabak) who had spent hours to answer our questions,problems and fixing bugs until it became fully usable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Using :

adamantem
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi, i'm from mexico, i have this problem with 3g data on cdma. can you help me, in the apn settings there are nothing, but i still got no data

Enviado desde mi PHOTON Q mediante Tapatalk

huatz84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamantem View Post
Hi, i'm from mexico, i have this problem with 3g data on cdma. can you help me, in the apn settings there are nothing, but i still got no data

Enviado desde mi PHOTON Q mediante Tapatalk
What nightly are you using? I'm using 20140306. Have you deleted all APN settings? It's located in Settings/More../Mobile networks/Access Point Names.
Using :

adamantem
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yep, I'm using 20140306, and I deleted all apn, reboot the phone. Also in Prefered Network time says EvDo Only, when I change to Global or CDMA Only, back again to EvDo Only, I don't know why.

If I delete the apn-conf.xml file ???

Sent from my PHOTON Q using Tapatalk

huatz84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Yep, I'm using 20140306, and I deleted all apn, reboot the phone. Also in Prefered Network time says EvDo Only, when I change to Global or CDMA Only, back again to EvDo Only, I don't know why.

If I delete the apn-conf.xml file ???

Sent from my PHOTON Q using Tapatalk
It should be set as cdma/evdo auto. You can try deleting apn-conf.xml. I think it's for GSM APN. So,it's safe to remove if you're using CDMA.

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394259995737.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2619538  
Using :

adamantem
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
It should be set as cdma/evdo auto. You can try deleting apn-conf.xml. I think it's for GSM APN. So,it's safe to remove if you're using CDMA.

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi, now i'm in 20140309, still no 3G icon, No data conection, In the APN setting there are nothing, s switched Network to "CDMA/EvDo auto" even in *#*#4636*#*# I set in "Set preferred network tipy" CDMA auto (PRL), reboot and nothing.

The build works in Mexico for me is: CM-10.2-201305-NIGTHLY-skrilax-xt897.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-09-11-23-50[1].png
Views:	222
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	2621973  

huatz84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Hi, now i'm in 20140309, still no 3G icon, No data conection, In the APN setting there are nothing, s switched Network to "CDMA/EvDo auto" even in *#*#4636*#*# I set in "Set preferred network tipy" CDMA auto (PRL), reboot and nothing.

The build works in Mexico for me is: CM-10.2-201305-NIGTHLY-skrilax-xt897.zip
That's really strange. Maybe you can ask dhacker about this issue. He is the CDMA developer guy. My 3G CDMA works fine until now.
Using :
The Following User Says Thank You to huatz84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adamantem
Old
(Last edited by adamantem; 13th March 2014 at 04:26 AM.) Reason: need more information
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
That's really strange. Maybe you can ask dhacker about this issue. He is the CDMA developer guy. My 3G CDMA works fine until now.
I gonna try to contact him, thanks,

well.. can you tell me how can contact him, i try to find him by nickname in the forum