Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat pattery drain issue

Tip us?

laksh2293
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kitkat pattery drain issue

Ok this is what happned !
2 days back I received the OTA kitkat update for my galaxy s4 enoxys version. I downloaded the update but during installation of the update an error popped up and installation failed. My phone restarted and I redownloaded d update. The update process was successful the second tym. But now I am experiencing a crazy battery drain. I read somewhere about the google services draining battery for 4.2.2. So I turned d services off and I am still experiencing battery drain. I havent done a factory reset on my phone. Should I do that ? Or the problem is sumthin else? Need help

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393701504603.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	2608107  

KingOfDope
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by laksh2293 View Post
Ok this is what happned !
2 days back I received the OTA kitkat update for my galaxy s4 enoxys version. I downloaded the update but during installation of the update an error popped up and installation failed. My phone restarted and I redownloaded d update. The update process was successful the second tym. But now I am experiencing a crazy battery drain. I read somewhere about the google services draining battery for 4.2.2. So I turned d services off and I am still experiencing battery drain. I havent done a factory reset on my phone. Should I do that ? Or the problem is sumthin else? Need help

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
go to sammobile.com look up your firmware and reflash it
-- I AM A FLASHOHOLIC --
The Following User Says Thank You to KingOfDope For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marsuper33
Old
(Last edited by marsuper33; 2nd March 2014 at 10:12 AM.) Reason: adding
Thanks Meter 1
Default roms

try calibrating the battery as you can calibrate any Li-Ion battery by draining it completely and then charging it to 100%.
if didn't work i think factory reset is your first option Or go to android development and find a rom that suits you
The Following User Says Thank You to marsuper33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]