Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 39,178 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked/Soft Bricked - Corrupted Internal Memory

Tip us?

SamoDon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Bricked/Soft Bricked - Corrupted Internal Memory

Hey guys so the problem is that it is bricked I think or its soft bricked so what did I do well I firstly unlocked the boot loader and then I rooted the phone and made a stock back up of my htc sense 5 and install htc one 4.3 Google edition on a sense 5 htc one so after a couple of hours of usage I didn't like it and I wanted to restore back to stock rom so I entered twrp recovery and restored the stock rom so it was working fine and then I went back into recovery mode and accidentally erased all my internal memory including the back up after rebooting the phone was stuck in the htc one boot logo so then I went onto my computer and not realizing I havenít turned on usb debugging and drivers not installed I have done a lot of things like flashing the zip in cmd and it wonít flash the zip so then I try it in adb and it wonít work in their tried ruu and for some reason not working in their trying side load and saying side load and then not side loading the data
So I tried to install the official stock rom and still wonít work

Please someone help me

Guich
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 3,222

DONATE TO ME
Wait, calm
So, boot in recovery, and use the command:
Code:
adb devices
and check if you can see the serial number of your phone.
If yes, you're done for flashing a rom from pc.

Harman/Kardon - BoomSound Switcher
Re-Flash full rom with a full wipe, might fix some brain! [cit.]
The Following User Says Thank You to Guich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quantumtransfer
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
I too have a simliar issue.. however when i check adb devices it doesn't show anything, when i enter sideloading mode i hear the computer signal it doesn't have the correct driver for it. is there anyway you could provide such a driver. i have tried the one that comes with htc sync manager and the one from the sdk

vinodsharmaa77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post same problem

i have same problem giving command adb devices it says
C:\Windows\fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached

not able to run any rom
and mtp driver installation fail .in pc insted of sd card it shows i and h optical drive it just happen after flashing viper on 5 version before i had flash it in cwmr mode but accidently i run 5 version also in cwmr by viper it was instrcted to flash in twrp mode and it stuck off in recovery mod then i run rom in twrp but it shown error e:not avilabe and now not able to run to any thing

pls hel me

Phoenix007
Old
(Last edited by Phoenix007; 28th February 2014 at 05:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
First: You really need to have ALL drivers working for your phone, else you are stuck with an expensive paperweight ... this is crucial !!!
Second: Get S-OFF ! Used this guide, methode 1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632351
Third: Sideload a ROM. (Works best on USB2 connection!)

Me too had the problem, and after 2 hours of tinkering got my phone in working condition again.
I got it working again by SIDELOADING a ROM, it takes about 30 to 45 minutes, so be patient!
You wont see any action during the uploading to the phone, no fancy progress bar ...

I'm sorry I can't remember more, but I'm now a happy user for 10 days (bought the phone 11 days ago, rooted it and then got the No access to "SDEXT" ...)

Regards,
Phoenix

ps.:
I did it with the ROM in my signature, it's 1Gb big, so that's why it takes that amount of time to sideload!
Code:
+------------------------------------------------
| HTC HD2:
|       OS version: Android 2.3.7
|      ROM version: [CLK]TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2.0.1 v3.8.9[2.3.7][A2SD+][tytung r14]
| This rom run's the smoothest on HTC HD2 ...
| Jelly Bean and ICS are crawling on HTC HD2, don't install it.

| HTC One:
|  OS version: Android 4.4.2
| ROM version: ViperOne 5.8.0 | 4.19.401.11 | Android 4.4.2 Sense 5.5
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinodsharmaa77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post same problem2

sir i have all the drivers properly installed but then also it says mtp driver failed to install and when phone boots it stuck on htc logo and able to put in recovery mode but not able to go in cwmr and twrp mode
in my computer it shows to h and i optical drive and fails to run any recoveries and ROM.otherwise taking all adb commands.

and thanks for your instruction sir.
is their any way to get my phone in working mode pls help me

Phoenix007
Old
(Last edited by Phoenix007; 28th February 2014 at 05:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
So you don't have all drivers working ...

The MTP driver is the most crucial driver you have to get working or else every other task will fail ...

Drivers and tips can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191279
Also give Windows Update a try to find the drivers needed ... I did ...

Also cleanup systemcache and Dalvikcache, available in the bootloader ...

Regards,
Phoenix007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodsharmaa77 View Post
sir i have all the drivers properly installed but then also it says mtp driver failed to install and when phone boots it stuck on htc logo and able to put in recovery mode but not able to go in cwmr and twrp mode
in my computer it shows to h and i optical drive and fails to run any recoveries and ROM.otherwise taking all adb commands.

Code:
| HTC HD2:
|      ROM version: [CLK]TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2.0.1 v3.8.9[2.3.7][A2SD+][tytung r14]

| HTC One:
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,901
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix007 View Post
So you don't have all drivers working ...

The MTP driver is the most crucial driver you have to get working or else every other task will fail ...

Drivers and tips can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191279
Also give Windows Update a try to find the drivers needed ... I did ...

Also cleanup systemcache and Dalvikcache, available in the bootloader ...

Regards,
Phoenix007
This thread has been updated more recently: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2089508

and if you have this in device manager:

check my guide Post #1, FAQ #2.

vinodsharmaa77
Old
(Last edited by vinodsharmaa77; 1st March 2014 at 03:30 AM.) Reason: full detail
Thanks Meter 0
Post same problem2

sir as per your direction i followed it but not able to install mtp driver .but i am able to update frimware by ruu method and when flashing ROM it says zip is sending and stops with error.i think it is hard bricked in internal storage is died.
is their any way to come out from it should i go to technician .will he be able to solve my problem or not i will have Rs36000 paper weight.

Phoenix007
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I almost can assure you, your memory did not die, there is only a link to that memory that is not correct, I'm sorry I can't remember more on how I did it in more detail, I already was happy when I got it working again ...

I did not make notes how I did it, stupid me ...
I'm doing this all from memory, but the most important thing still is, get all your drivers play nice with your phone, so no question marks in Device Manager.
That was also the hardest part for me to get that working.

And I work almost 20 years as a systems engineer on the Microsoft platform.
My knowledge about linux/unix is very slim.

Regards,
Phoenix007

Quote:
sir as per your direction i followed it but not able to install mtp driver .but i am able to update frimware by ruu method and when flashing ROM it says zip is sending and stops with error.i think it is hard bricked in internal storage is died.
is their any way to come out from it should i go to technician .will he be able to solve my problem or not i will have Rs36000 paper weight.
Code:
| HTC HD2:

| HTC One: