Post Reply
Unhappy

Atrix HD bootloader locked/recovery doesn't working, bricked?

3rd August 2013, 03:13 PM   |  #1  
Reactorzero's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Hi guys! How are you? I hope you are fine, because I'm not lol.
Well, I'm new in this things, but I can install CM9 and 7 in my old devices thanks to your guides and tutorials, I really apreciated!.

But now, I'm stucking with my new phone, because I flashed wrong and I don't know what to do.
Ok let's start to explain my problem:

My phone is stucked in the fastboot screen and no advance. When I press "pwr vol+-" and select Recovery, nothing happens, only showme the "Motorola Dual Core Technology logo" and returns to fastboot.

.................................................. .........................
AP FastBoot Flash Mode (S)
10.98(*) (sha-2e68372, 2012-11-17 23:33:08)
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Connect USB
Data Cable

FastBoot Reason: Sticky bit factory_fastboot
.................................................. .........................
Ok, and when try to enter to recovery screen "pwr, vol+-" it's show me:
.................................................. .........................
Invalid Flash Mode (S)
10.98(*) (sha-2e68372, 2012-11-17 23:33:08)
eMMC Info: Size 8GB

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Connect USB
Data Cable

Partition (Boot) Security Version Downgraded
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure
.................................................. .........................
Sometimes, indicate "Batery Low"...its very frustrating because I love my ohine but I can't make work and I don't know what is happend...
I see some tutorials, specialy from @sleevydude, to unlock the bootloader, but the "fastboot.exe" appears and dissapears, and I can't acces to program tools...

Another big problem, I'm from Argentina, and my language is spanish, after all, my english is good, and I can understand 90% if you say something...sorry if that is offtopic or something.

I've tryed with the metod from TheMythTeam, but doesn't work...keep stucked...

Ok guys, I hope you help me...miss my phone so much
3rd August 2013, 05:43 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 399
 
1,975 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Well you can't open the fastboot.exe because it's not a regular program. You just open a command Window in the folder it's located in.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX
4th August 2013, 03:01 PM   |  #3  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 463
 
2,441 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
It looks to me like your device has a locked bootloader.

What rom did you try to flash? What did you use to flash it?
Last edited by audit13; 5th August 2013 at 02:44 PM.
6th August 2013, 11:52 PM   |  #4  
Reactorzero's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeje00

Well you can't open the fastboot.exe because it's not a regular program. You just open a command Window in the folder it's located in.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

Thanks mate, I'm testing the commands, but maybe I'll look at the tutorials carefully!
Soon I will have them new, wishing luck!
7th August 2013, 12:01 AM   |  #5  
Reactorzero's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

It looks to me like your device has a locked bootloader.

What rom did you try to flash? What did you use to flash it?

Hi! this ROM..
MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml

I've used RSD Lite...but I think the problem is the bootloader locked...like you said!
Ok, I trying again...let's see what I can do.

Thanks for answer
7th August 2013, 04:58 PM   |  #6  
Reactorzero's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Ok...I found a new problem, and suspect this is the big problem of all problems!

My computer can't recognize the device, I successfully installed Motorola USB drivers (2.3.9 version) and when I trying to unlock the bootloader ussing Motopocalypse by Dan, doesn't happens...shows the follow message:

Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now in port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

And then, nothings is happens!...not show anything more....

Any suggestions?
Please hel me!
8th August 2013, 04:01 AM   |  #7  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 463
 
2,441 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
What OS was originally on the phone? Without an unlocked bootloader, I don't think you can flash an earlier rom version if the original rom version was higher.

I think those zip files needs to flashed via cwm, but I'm not 100% sure. I think that's how I got the Mexico Retail onto my Atrix HD.

You could try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2299113 or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2259661

Stock roms: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2209660
9th August 2013, 09:04 AM   |  #8  
Reactorzero's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

What OS was originally on the phone? Without an unlocked bootloader, I don't think you can flash an earlier rom version if the original rom version was higher.

I think those zip files needs to flashed via cwm, but I'm not 100% sure. I think that's how I got the Mexico Retail onto my Atrix HD.

You could try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2299113 or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2259661

Stock roms: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2209660

I try manually, but I keep getting the same errors as the automatic method, and not to do, should I throw it away and buy a new motherboard or buy on eBay?
As the phone is AT & T USA, I have no warranty here in Argentina ...
I'm really frustrated .....

Here are the errors:
> fastboot flash system system.img.ext4
sending 'system' (262144 KB) ...
OKAY [19.854s]
writing 'system' ...
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. Total time: 20.155s

> fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (10240 KB) ...
OKAY [0.865s]
writing 'boot' ...
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. Total time: 1.137s

if anyone knows anything more, or want help clarify that this LOCKED BOOTLOADER
9th August 2013, 10:05 PM   |  #9  
lucasantarella's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Wipe and Restore
Checkout my post on this thread. Just skip making a backup.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2394238

PM me and click Thanks if I helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucasantarella For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2013, 03:16 AM   |  #10  
Reactorzero's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasantarella

Checkout my post on this thread. Just skip making a backup.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2394238

PM me and click Thanks if I helped.

Thanks! I would try and let's see what happens!

**sorry for my bad english**

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes