Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide]Restore to Stock "Bricked" "Unlocked" LG Optimus G f180,E97x

Tip us?
 
umar_fiaz
Old
(Last edited by umar_fiaz; 8th April 2014 at 05:38 AM.) Reason: KDZ flashing after bootloader changed to mako i.e. Nexus 4
#1  
umar_fiaz's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jun 2011
Lightbulb [Guide]Restore to Stock "Bricked" "Unlocked" LG Optimus G f180,E97x

The problem starts when you unlock F180 Bootloader with "freegee":

Unlock the bootloader
:

There are 2 ways:
Method 1: Unlock the bootloader
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kz...1.2_edited.zip
Advantages:
- enough fastboot functions: Start, Power Off, Recovery mod, Restart Bootloader
- Easy on the function keys
-Cons:
- To Relock, just you have to flash KDZ

Method 2: Unlock by app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gee_free&hl=en
Advantages:
- Add.
- Can be easily Relock by app.
Cons:
- Right to Recovery through app (on Stock Rom & 975).
- Loss of function fastboot that this very important function.
- When crashes, not able to Recovery by pressing hard.

It is recommended to use the first way.
on E975, E970, E97.x unlock, select KT or SKT. Because E975 and the S / K has Same bootloader unlock.

i have already faced this situation to unlock bootloader with freegee and stuck with google logo and fastboot mode

not even KDZ flash working, always result in fastboot or KDZ tool stop working. also tried different KDZ and flashing Tools

Tried "TeenyBin" ,not success but get twrp working, then flash CM10 as suggested but got this

Subsystem Crash!
------------------------------------------------------------
DemiGod Crash Handler : Subsystem Crash! : External_modem (Undefined error)

Press key to choose Dload Mode/Reboot/Fastboot.
1) Volume Up : Dload Mode.
2) Volume Down : Reboot.
3) Power : Fastboot.

------------------------------------------------------------

to solve this have to remove sim card and change baseband in TWRP using ADB
then perform a hardreset.

now the device comes in life again

but you find the device is not properly working may be sim or gprs or wifi or something else.

now have to unlock bootloader again by adb with this method

Quote:
Method 1: Unlock the bootloader
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kz...1.2_edited.zip
Advantages:
- fastboot functions: Start, Power Off, Recovery mod, Restart Bootloader
- Easy on the function
-Cons:
- To Relock, you have to flashed KDZ
after that will able to flash the stock KDZ without any problem

put device in D/W mode and flash it with appropriate official KDZ
Guide to flash KDZ
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2388440


have to follow the procedure because adb in recovery not able to replace the bootloader files

KDZ flash After mako bootloader unlock

step 1:
use TeenyBin http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2249500
get twrp working, then flash CM10 for you device.

you will got this
Subsystem Crash!
------------------------------------------------------------
DemiGod Crash Handler : Subsystem Crash! : External_modem (Undefined error)

Press key to choose Dload Mode/Reboot/Fastboot.
1) Volume Up : Dload Mode.
2) Volume Down : Reboot.
3) Power : Fastboot.

------------------------------------------------------------

step 2:
to solve this have to remove sim card and change baseband in TWRP using ADB
then perform a hardreset.

to reflash the bootloader files you have to enter in CM10 or some ROM with SU or busybox;


now the device comes in life in CM10
Quote:
now the device comes in life again

but you find the device is not properly working may be sim or gprs or wifi or something else.

now have to unlock bootloader again by adb with this method

Quote:
Method 1: Unlock the bootloader
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kz...1.2_edited.zip
Advantages:
- fastboot functions: Start, Power Off, Recovery mod, Restart Bootloader
- Easy on the function
-Cons:
- To Relock, you have to flashed KDZ
after that will able to flash the stock KDZ without any problem

put device in D/W mode and flash it with appropriate official KDZ
Guide to flash KDZ
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2388440


have to follow the procedure because adb in recovery not able to replace the bootloader files
UNLOCk steps:

enable USB debugging
connect as MTP
follow the steps in script
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to umar_fiaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
yogivin
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by umar_fiaz View Post
The problem starts when you unlock F180 Bootloader with "freegee":

Unlock the bootloader
:

There are 2 ways:
Method 1: Unlock the bootloader
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kz...1.2_edited.zip
Advantages:
- enough fastboot functions: Start, Power Off, Recovery mod, Restart Bootloader
- Easy on the function keys
-Cons:
- To Relock, just you have to flash KDZ

Method 2: Unlock by app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gee_free&hl=en
Advantages:
- Add.
- Can be easily Relock by app.
Cons:
- Right to Recovery through app (on Stock Rom & 975).
- Loss of function fastboot that this very important function.
- When crashes, not able to Recovery by pressing hard.

It is recommended to use the first way.
on E975, E970, E97.x unlock, select KT or SKT. Because E975 and the S / K has Same bootloader unlock.

i have already faced this situation to unlock bootloader with freegee and stuck with google logo and fastboot mode

not even KDZ flash working, always result in fastboot or KDZ tool stop working. also tried different KDZ and flashing Tools

Tried "TeenyBin" ,not success but get twrp working, then flash CM10 as suggested but got this

Subsystem Crash!
------------------------------------------------------------
DemiGod Crash Handler : Subsystem Crash! : External_modem (Undefined error)

Press key to choose Dload Mode/Reboot/Fastboot.
1) Volume Up : Dload Mode.
2) Volume Down : Reboot.
3) Power : Fastboot.

------------------------------------------------------------

to solve this have to remove sim card and change baseband in TWRP using ADB
then perform a hardreset.

now the device comes in life again

but you find the device is not properly working may be sim or gprs or wifi or something else.

now have to unlock bootloader again by adb with this method

after that will able to flash the stock KDZ without any problem

put device in D/W mode and flash it with appropriate official KDZ
Guide to flash KDZ
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2388440


have to follow the procedure because adb in recovery not able to replace the bootloader files

BROTHER..i have a LG E975..i unlocked bootloader and now have a mako bootloader installed..its model version is e960 i.e nexus 4..installed kitkat..now i want 2 get back to stock rom..but my model number is changed from e975 to e960..f i try to restock it with lg flash tool it say check phone model..can u plz help me brother ..would be vry thankful to u
 
metrixx02
Old
(Last edited by metrixx02; 3rd April 2014 at 05:40 PM.)
#3  
metrixx02's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 250
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Izmir
Quote:
Originally Posted by umar_fiaz View Post
The problem starts when you unlock F180 Bootloader with "freegee":

Unlock the bootloader
:

There are 2 ways:
Method 1: Unlock the bootloader
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kz...1.2_edited.zip
Advantages:
- enough fastboot functions: Start, Power Off, Recovery mod, Restart Bootloader
- Easy on the function keys
-Cons:
- To Relock, just you have to flash KDZ

Method 2: Unlock by app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gee_free&hl=en
Advantages:
- Add.
- Can be easily Relock by app.
Cons:
- Right to Recovery through app (on Stock Rom & 975).
- Loss of function fastboot that this very important function.
- When crashes, not able to Recovery by pressing hard.

It is recommended to use the first way.
on E975, E970, E97.x unlock, select KT or SKT. Because E975 and the S / K has Same bootloader unlock.

i have already faced this situation to unlock bootloader with freegee and stuck with google logo and fastboot mode

not even KDZ flash working, always result in fastboot or KDZ tool stop working. also tried different KDZ and flashing Tools

Tried "TeenyBin" ,not success but get twrp working, then flash CM10 as suggested but got this

Subsystem Crash!
------------------------------------------------------------
DemiGod Crash Handler : Subsystem Crash! : External_modem (Undefined error)

Press key to choose Dload Mode/Reboot/Fastboot.
1) Volume Up : Dload Mode.
2) Volume Down : Reboot.
3) Power : Fastboot.

------------------------------------------------------------

to solve this have to remove sim card and change baseband in TWRP using ADB
then perform a hardreset.

now the device comes in life again

but you find the device is not properly working may be sim or gprs or wifi or something else.

now have to unlock bootloader again by adb with this method

after that will able to flash the stock KDZ without any problem

put device in D/W mode and flash it with appropriate official KDZ
Guide to flash KDZ
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2388440


have to follow the procedure because adb in recovery not able to replace the bootloader files
thx for post my friend i have e975 i use freege and mako unlock .I used the first two months trouble-ROM but i have Subsystem crash error.... (external modem ) and i back to stock kdz but no root +bootloader unlocked i use my rom but I found something new
----------------------------------------------------
This problem can easily be solved, I spent 20+ hours on researching this, it's not an operator problem, but a common problem with both the Optimus G and the Nexus 4.

What causes it? Extreme low power states of the processor, some modems are too sensitive for this kind of deeeeeeep sleep (depending on production batch). These states are called C0 (WiFi) until C3 (complete power collapse).

Disable C2 and C3 and enable C0 and C1 and voila, it will never happen again

How? Buy and install Fauxclock, I don't know how to do it manually nor I couldn't find any other app.

You can thank me, but you should also thank Faust because he brought me this solution. Joying all the custom roms for months without problems

---------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrixx02 View Post
my friend thx for post but ... i have one question what is this c0,c1,c2,c3c ????? CORES ?

x_justin :
No some power state of the processor, linux terms. Nothing to do with core numbers. As far as I know the only app that can change this is FauxClock from the play store, but it's worth the money. Just disable C2 and C3, it's still good for the battery. Stock roms from LG also have this disabled.

C0 Operational state. CPU fully turned on.

C1 First idle state. Stops CPU main internal clocks via software. Bus interface unit and APIC are kept running at full speed.

C2 Stops CPU main internal clocks via hardware. State where the processor maintains all software-visible states, but may take longer to wake up through interrupts.

C3 Stops all CPU internal clocks. The processor does not need to keep its cache coherent, but maintains other states. Some processors have variations of the C3 state that differ in how long it takes to wake the processor through interrupts.

http://doc.opensuse.org/products/dra...ing.power.html

PLS ONE USER TEST İT
NOT TESTED BY ME
THX x_justin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1381744_10152293906293256_1860494551_n.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	2666553  
HTC Wildfire S
Rom:PAC 4.2.2
------------------------------------------------
LG Optimus G -e975 (International)
Rom:Stock KDZ EU-10F
Gaps:----
Kernel:Stock

 
alimzia
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 41
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by umar_fiaz View Post
The problem starts when you unlock F180 Bootloader with "freegee":

Unlock the bootloader
:

There are 2 ways:
Method 1: Unlock the bootloader
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kz...1.2_edited.zip
Advantages:
- enough fastboot functions: Start, Power Off, Recovery mod, Restart Bootloader
- Easy on the function keys
-Cons:
- To Relock, just you have to flash KDZ

Method 2: Unlock by app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gee_free&hl=en
Advantages:
- Add.
- Can be easily Relock by app.
Cons:
- Right to Recovery through app (on Stock Rom & 975).
- Loss of function fastboot that this very important function.
- When crashes, not able to Recovery by pressing hard.

It is recommended to use the first way.
on E975, E970, E97.x unlock, select KT or SKT. Because E975 and the S / K has Same bootloader unlock.

i have already faced this situation to unlock bootloader with freegee and stuck with google logo and fastboot mode

not even KDZ flash working, always result in fastboot or KDZ tool stop working. also tried different KDZ and flashing Tools

Tried "TeenyBin" ,not success but get twrp working, then flash CM10 as suggested but got this

Subsystem Crash!
------------------------------------------------------------
DemiGod Crash Handler : Subsystem Crash! : External_modem (Undefined error)

Press key to choose Dload Mode/Reboot/Fastboot.
1) Volume Up : Dload Mode.
2) Volume Down : Reboot.
3) Power : Fastboot.

------------------------------------------------------------

to solve this have to remove sim card and change baseband in TWRP using ADB
then perform a hardreset.

now the device comes in life again

but you find the device is not properly working may be sim or gprs or wifi or something else.

now have to unlock bootloader again by adb with this method

after that will able to flash the stock KDZ without any problem

put device in D/W mode and flash it with appropriate official KDZ
Guide to flash KDZ
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2388440


have to follow the procedure because adb in recovery not able to replace the bootloader files
Hey thanks a ton bro! I just had a few questions before using the first method to unlock my phones bootloader.
Is this method safe? Has it been tested enough yet? I dont want to use FreeGee again (soft bricked my phone the first time around using it).
If yes, can you please tell the steps to unlock using the 1st method?
Thnks again!
 
yogivin
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimzia View Post
Hey thanks a ton bro! I just had a few questions before using the first method to unlock my phones bootloader.
Is this method safe? Has it been tested enough yet? I dont want to use FreeGee again (soft bricked my phone the first time around using it).
If yes, can you please tell the steps to unlock using the 1st method?
Thnks again!
you say that u had used freegee??then did u also get ur bootloader of mako?
how did u switch back to stock rom??help me plz...
i need a kdz link for e975 too
 
yawako
Old
(Last edited by yawako; 5th April 2014 at 01:07 PM.)
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 75
Join Date: May 2013
I've tested the first method one time without any problem. I highly recommend to use this method rather in play store
LG G PAD 8.3: ROM:Stock 4.2.2 Kernel:Stock
LG Optimus G F180L to E975v10H EUR ROM:ARTMOD Kernel:Stock
Xperia Mini ST15i ROM:NextgenV8 Kernel:Kappa1.6
SGY GT-S5360 ROM:Hyperion9 Kernel:Stock Script:PurePerformanceXGE
 
alimzia
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 41
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogivin View Post
you say that u had used freegee??then did u also get ur bootloader of mako?
how did u switch back to stock rom??help me plz...
i need a kdz link for e975 too
Sorry I forgot to mention that was with the at&t version (had that earlier). After it got softbricked by using FreeGee I used teenybin to revive it. Wasn't able to get back into the official rom though. Instead used teenybin to flash recovery (teenybin also unlocks the bootloader in the process) and from there I used a zip file of the official Rom.
I don't know this, Im not entirely sure, but maybe if you can get a zip file (as you do for roms) you can then flash it via recovery. It wont lock back the bootloader ofcourse. Again, I m not sure about it and you best ask a senior member. It did work for me though, on At&t version.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawako View Post
I've tested the first method one time without any problem. I highly recommend to use this method rather in play store
Can you please lay down the step by step how to unlock bootloader via this method? I do have some idea but don't want to do something stupid and make matters even worse.
Also, I had already tried using FreeGee before i stumbles upon your post. It did nothing, instead during the unlocking process FreeGee force closed. So does that change anything anyhow? I havent even rebooted my phone since then in fear of a possible hard brick
Highly appreciate your replies people!
 
umar_fiaz
Old
#8  
umar_fiaz's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogivin View Post

BROTHER..i have a LG E975..i unlocked bootloader and now have a mako bootloader installed..its model version is e960 i.e nexus 4..installed kitkat..now i want 2 get back to stock rom..but my model number is changed from e975 to e960..f i try to restock it with lg flash tool it say check phone model..can u plz help me brother ..would be vry thankful to u
Edited: to show flash step by step
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umar_fiaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
alimzia
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 41
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by umar_fiaz View Post
Edited: to show flash step by step
Can you also add the step by step procedure to unlock bootloader using the first method? As in wether your phone should be in download mode, charge only mode etc etc.
 
umar_fiaz
Old
#10  
umar_fiaz's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 22
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimzia View Post
Can you also add the step by step procedure to unlock bootloader using the first method? As in wether your phone should be in download mode, charge only mode etc etc.
enable usb debugging
connect as MTP
follow the script

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umar_fiaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes