Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [Stock rooted 4.1.2] I can't set my phone on 4G (LTE)

OP xandersx

8th December 2013, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amiens
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi XDA members !

I need your help about an issue I encountered on my Optimus G E975.
I'm French, my carrier is Free and I recently activated the 4G (LTE) option proposed in my plan, no problem.
I then wanted to enable the 4G network mode in my stock ROM, here comes the problem !

The LG's ROM only let me choose between 2G, 2G/3G or 3G networks. My phone is compatible, my APN are ok, Free's settings are ok too... So I decided to modify the build.prop file to force the 4G choice. I edited those lines :
- ro.telephony.default_network (changed value from 9 to 10, referring to a Google Code thread)
- telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1 into telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1

I can now choose 2G/3G/4G setting and it seems to be working, but after each reboot, it doesn't stay checked and goes back to "2G/3G".

Can you help me please ?
Last edited by xandersx; 8th December 2013 at 10:30 PM.
9th December 2013, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 57

346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandersx

Hi XDA members !

I need your help about an issue I encountered on my Optimus G E975.
I'm French, my carrier is Free and I recently activated the 4G (LTE) option proposed in my plan, no problem.
I then wanted to enable the 4G network mode in my stock ROM, here comes the problem !

The LG's ROM only let me choose between 2G, 2G/3G or 3G networks. My phone is compatible, my APN are ok, Free's settings are ok too... So I decided to modify the build.prop file to force the 4G choice. I edited those lines :
- ro.telephony.default_network (changed value from 9 to 10, referring to a Google Code thread)
- telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1 into telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1

I can now choose 2G/3G/4G setting and it seems to be working, but after each reboot, it doesn't stay checked and goes back to "2G/3G".

Can you help me please ?

Well, in any case, this is not a big problem.. You can also enter the secret code which i dont remember now, and force LTE, without any build.prop line. The problem is i dont remember the secret code menu.

EDIT: *#*#4636#*#*. Tap the first option, and scroll down. You will see a list. Tap and select LTE or 4G. Reboot and try if it works.
Last edited by nch26; 9th December 2013 at 06:19 AM.
9th December 2013, 10:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amiens

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nch26

Well, in any case, this is not a big problem.. You can also enter the secret code which i dont remember now, and force LTE, without any build.prop line. The problem is i dont remember the secret code menu.

EDIT: *#*#4636#*#*. Tap the first option, and scroll down. You will see a list. Tap and select LTE or 4G. Reboot and try if it works.

I just tried your idea. After *#*#4636#*#*, selected the first option ("Phone informations"), that displays the page with my phone infos but it's not accessible because of a pop-in saying "The application does not work on this device."

I can't do anything...
9th December 2013, 10:02 PM   |  #4  

346 posts
More
Quote:

I just tried your idea. After *#*#4636#*#*, selected the first option ("Phone informations"), that displays the page with my phone infos but it's not accessible because of a pop-in saying "The application does not work on this device."

I can't do anything...

Its weird since your phone is same like me...
10th December 2013, 12:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amiens

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Its weird since your phone is same like me...

I tried flashing the .KDZ file compatible with my phone, no more success...

I'll keep me searching for a solution, it's frustrating to have a 4G-ready phone without 4G.
10th December 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #6  

346 posts
More
Quote:

I tried flashing the .KDZ file compatible with my phone, no more success...

I'll keep me searching for a solution, it's frustrating to have a 4G-ready phone without 4G.

Sorry for no solution !
11th December 2013, 09:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amiens

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry for no solution !

No problem, thanks for your try
8th February 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #8  

7 posts
I have the same problem. The 4G option just wont stick!

I'm on stock 4.1.2 and have not changed anything - had the 4G option from the get go. I also can't access the "secret menu" when typing in *#*#4636#*#* - I'm getting the same error.

Been looking for a solution for days, but nothing. Talked to LG - they suggested to reset the APN and then do a factory restore of the phone if that did not work.

Anybody found a solution?
9th February 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 60

938 posts
More
Quote:

bullcrap why is not working ?
9th February 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #10  

346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxySIIII

bullcrap why is not working ?

Dont support on your optimus g variant.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread