Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to disable the wifi

Tip us?

Agent of Orange
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default how to disable the wifi

Hey guys I am setting up my old i9000 for my son to use and have been looking for ways to disable the wifi. The phone is running cm10.2. He has add and has to be limited to how long he can use games and such or he gets amped up or he will use the phone as a portal to the internet to stay up using the phone all night. I did find a thread where someone wanted to do similar because they where having other issues with the phone and it was suggested to delete the bcmdhd.ko file. I have tried to do that in a file explorer with root access but the file doesnt seem to want to go away. one option is not to instal gapps so he can not have access to the play store to install free games. but i would like to also block the wifi. basically make the phone a dumb phone that can call or text.

Thank you

razorfs
Old
Thanks Meter 12
just open quick settings then open the wifi toggle and make sure its off not sure if theres an option in settings to disable wifi u could always set the phone to aeroplane mode that way no data will be used on wifi or your mobile tariff.