FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

[Q] Virgin Mobile SGS3 will not charge

Thanks Meter: 0

By zpanderson, Junior Member on 7th October 2013, 03:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

Starting 2 days ago my wife's sgs3 will not charge. I tried putting my battery in it and it will turn on so the phone is not dead. I can also connect the phone to my pc and it connects but does not charge. It also seems like the phone discharges extremely fast. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,

7th October 2013, 03:21 AM |#2  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpanderson

Hello,

Starting 2 days ago my wife's sgs3 will not charge. I tried putting my battery in it and it will turn on so the phone is not dead. I can also connect the phone to my pc and it connects but does not charge. It also seems like the phone discharges extremely fast. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks,

How old is the battery?

Sent from my GalaxyS3
7th October 2013, 03:33 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Just bought the phone on August 20th. If I charge her battery or mine in my phone and then use it in hers they both work, but neither will charge from her phone.
7th October 2013, 04:45 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,513

More
Sounds like a broken charging port.

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Stock - Whiplashh Rom - MIUI - Wicked Sensations
Hit that "Thanks" Button if I helped you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Whiplashh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2013, 05:35 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Is my only option to send it in to Samsung? We don't have a backup phone :S
8th October 2013, 02:28 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Just initiated the service request, hopefully it doesn't take too long! Bought a $15 flip phone off Amazon to use in the mean time that should be here tomorrow.
26th May 2015, 06:34 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Magnifying glass and soldier it back on be sure to use the flux paste it helps to soldier the leads back on when finished use rubbing alchol an old toothbrush till its clean n let air dry before restoring power back to the board.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread