Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,249 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charger rating

Tip us?

mon_iker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Charger rating

I lost the charger that came with the phone so got myself another charger. This new charger takes a hell of a long time to charge the phone, takes around 3-4 hours to get a full charge. I see that the Current rating is a pathetic 0.7A.

Could anyone let me know what is the Ampere rating of the charger that came with the phone? I'm thinking of buying a 2A charger for quick charging, anyone using such a charger and will that be safe? Thanks in advance for the answers!

MegaBoyX9
Old
Thanks Meter 26
It's 0.7A too.
The Following User Says Thank You to MegaBoyX9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowsDie
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by mon_iker View Post
I lost the charger that came with the phone so got myself another charger. This new charger takes a hell of a long time to charge the phone, takes around 3-4 hours to get a full charge. I see that the Current rating is a pathetic 0.7A.

Could anyone let me know what is the Ampere rating of the charger that came with the phone? I'm thinking of buying a 2A charger for quick charging, anyone using such a charger and will that be safe? Thanks in advance for the answers!
im pretty sure the stock is 2a
just saying because i have a 0,7 and it takes too much but charging my optimus g that requieres a lot more power charges perfectlry with stock samsung charger (with 0.7 the optimus doesnt even charge not even a bit)
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowsDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]