Charger rating

2nd March 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

113 posts
I lost the charger that came with the phone so got myself another charger. This new charger takes a hell of a long time to charge the phone, takes around 3-4 hours to get a full charge. I see that the Current rating is a pathetic 0.7A.

Could anyone let me know what is the Ampere rating of the charger that came with the phone? I'm thinking of buying a 2A charger for quick charging, anyone using such a charger and will that be safe? Thanks in advance for the answers!
3rd March 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

111 posts
It's 0.7A too.
The Following User Says Thank You to MegaBoyX9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag Galati
Thanks Meter: 140

498 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mon_iker

I lost the charger that came with the phone so got myself another charger. This new charger takes a hell of a long time to charge the phone, takes around 3-4 hours to get a full charge. I see that the Current rating is a pathetic 0.7A.

Could anyone let me know what is the Ampere rating of the charger that came with the phone? I'm thinking of buying a 2A charger for quick charging, anyone using such a charger and will that be safe? Thanks in advance for the answers!

im pretty sure the stock is 2a
just saying because i have a 0,7 and it takes too much but charging my optimus g that requieres a lot more power charges perfectlry with stock samsung charger (with 0.7 the optimus doesnt even charge not even a bit)
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowsDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread