Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 54,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT]Add SECONDS to STATUS BAR CLOCK in 2 STEPS!

Tip us?

googleminded
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Post [TUT]Add SECONDS to STATUS BAR CLOCK in 2 STEPS!

In this thread, i am trying to show you how to add SECONDS to STATUS BAR CLOCK!

How to install:
First step for everything you do is Create a nandroid backup and make sure you know how to restore it!
I'm not responsible for anything you do with your phone/tablet etc.
There is also the risk to soft-brick your device. In such a case, restoring a backup is the easiest way to get rid of it..

STEP 1: (NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED XPOSED THEN LEAVE STEP 1)
For the framework:
1. Download the Xposed Installer APK http://www.mediafire.com/download/mh...v28_8b8a7e.apk and install it
2. Launch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
*In case you get a Segmentation Fault error, please install this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9912 additional app (not needed if the installation worked fine).
3. Reboot
4. Done!

*You can verify this by starting the Xposed Installer again. If app_process jumped back to an older version (or none at all), you probably have a ROM with S-On or similar, which reverts any changes to /system after a reboot. Use installation via recovery in such cases.

In case you get into a boot loop:
First, try using the safemode by pressing any hardware key repeatedly. You can find a short explanation how it works here.
If that doesn't work, you can flash the attached Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip http://www.mediafire.com/download/i2a5pb9kiy9amcb/Xposed-Disabler-Recovery[1].zip by Tungstwenty. It will be copied to your (external) SD card when you install Xposed as well. The only thing it does is copying /system/bin/app_process.orig back to /system/bin/app_process, which you can also do yourself (e.g. with adb shell in recovery mode).

STEP 2 :
AFTER XPOSED HAS BEEN INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY -
1. Download this file http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7...iMod_2.2.1.apk After downloading install it.
2. Launch the Xposed Installer and go to the "Modules" section (you will also get there if you click on the notification warning you that the module is not enabled yet).
3. Enable the module by checking the checkbox,
4. Reboot
5. Done!!

NOTE: FOR SECONDS DO THIS NOW,
OPEN THE MOD>CLOCK MODS>ENABLE SECONDS!

(RESTART SYSTEMUI if no change)
In case you get into a boot loop:
First, try using the safemode by pressing any hardware key repeatedly. You can find a short explanation how it works here.
If that doesn't work, you can flash the attached Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip by Tungstwenty. It will be copied to your (external) SD card when you install Xposed as well. The only thing it does is copying /system/bin/app_process.orig back to /system/bin/app_process, which you can also do yourself (e.g. with adb shell in recovery mode).

--
TESTED ON KITKAT ROM (4.4.2)..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-05-22-23-15.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2670299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-05-22-24-05.png
Views:	453
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	2670328  
Attached Files
File Type: apk XPOSED.installer_v28_8b8a7e.apk - [Click for QR Code] (549.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: zip Xposed-Disabler-Recovery[1].zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: apk XuiMod_2.2.1[1].apk - [Click for QR Code] (289.7 KB, 20 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to googleminded For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

machetie
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Love your work! Works like a charm. Been using a separate app for seconds on my status bar for almost a year. Thank you!

googleminded
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by machetie View Post
Love your work! Works like a charm. Been using a separate app for seconds on my status bar for almost a year. Thank you!
thanx

samantha_moses
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
wow! simple n awesome
thanx for the work..

googleminded
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha_moses View Post
wow! simple n awesome
thanx for the work..
Your welcome!

If you like my work, you can spend a second and hit instead of saying!