Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 44,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One remote 12 signature verify fail

Tip us?

jltwitch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One remote 12 signature verify fail

Hello, I am attempting to return my HTC One to Stock and I used the revone tool but it didn't put it back to locked status. Right now im in Tampered Relocked with S-On

I have the correct RUU for my version 1.10.605.10 but when I do a fastboot oem rebootRUU of that file it gives me the remote signature error.

Ideas on this??

Thanks much!

athristguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi
r u still facing the problem if yes then i'll send you a PM

droidmix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by athristguy View Post
hi
r u still facing the problem if yes then i'll send you a PM
I'm facing a very similar issue. I have a Verizon HTC One, Bootloader is LOCKED, and S-On. Tried using the correct ruu, but from what I've read, I can't flash that decrypted ruu without s-off. Do I have a pretty paperweight now? I've tried everything I can think of.

A side note, I do not have a custom recovery or OS installed, no adb, but I can use fastboot. Thank you!

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidmix View Post
I'm facing a very similar issue. I have a Verizon HTC One, Bootloader is LOCKED, and S-On. Tried using the correct ruu, but from what I've read, I can't flash that decrypted ruu without s-off. Do I have a pretty paperweight now? I've tried everything I can think of.

A side note, I do not have a custom recovery or OS installed, no adb, but I can use fastboot. Thank you!
Two things about ruu.

You can only use encrypted version if s-on.
You cannot downgrade if s-on.

I suggest anyone wishing to go back to stock switch their s flag to on as the very last step.

I have a copy of the encrypted .10 ruu if you are currently on that firmware.

What does your boot loader screen say?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

droidmix
Old
(Last edited by droidmix; 3rd March 2014 at 06:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
Two things about ruu.

You can only use encrypted version if s-on.
You cannot downgrade if s-on.

I suggest anyone wishing to go back to stock switch their s flag to on as the very last step.

I have a copy of the encrypted .10 ruu if you are currently on that firmware.

What does your boot loader screen say?

Yeah I actually found an encrypted or signed .10 online and flashed it using fastboot. I had a Locked bootloader and S-on, so this really came at a good time. There was no OS on the phone and I only had access to fastboot. Thankfully I fixed it with this RUU.

If anyone needs the 2.10.605.1 ruu, here's exactly where I got it from (just fix the URL, I'm obviously a new user and can't post links):

flyhalf205. [com]/RUU/.direct_link_only/RUU_M7_WL_JB43_SENSE50_VZW_MR_VERIZON_WWE_2.10.605 .1_Radio_1.12.41.1112_2_NV_VZW_3.71_002_release_34 1019_signed_2.zip

Downloaded that and flashed it via Terminal on OS X. Worked PERFECT. I'm so glad these forums are here as they helped me find this solution. Thanks!

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidmix View Post
Yeah I actually found an encrypted or signed .10 online and flashed it using fastboot. I had a Locked bootloader and S-on, so this really came at a good time. There was no OS on the phone and I only had access to fastboot. Thankfully I fixed it with this RUU.

If anyone needs the 2.10.605.1 ruu, here's exactly where I got it from:

flyhalf205. [com]/RUU/.direct_link_only/RUU_M7_WL_JB43_SENSE50_VZW_MR_VERIZON_WWE_2.10.605 .1_Radio_1.12.41.1112_2_NV_VZW_3.71_002_release_34 1019_signed_2.zip

Downloaded that and flashed it via Terminal on OS X. Worked PERFECT. I'm so glad these forums are here as they helped me find this solution. Thanks!
Good deal...