4.5 Beta 1
A tasty #BetaRelease is here!
For the last few weeks we have been releasing
alpha builds and have reached a point of stability
for the recents build series. We are currently
working on finalizing the new design of recents
and fixing minor issues, earning recents a beta
tag. You should not be scared about the “beta” in
the build name, but instead #StayParanoid and
take the release out for a test drive as it is still a
fairly polished and stable one. If you stumble
upon any bugs or little details that don’t look
right in your opinion, you can use our issue
tracker to report them.
Some of the articles for our last week’s alpha
Changes in this week’s beta release
- Significantly increased the stability of recents
- Patch Google bug 13678484 aka “Fake
ID” ( https://gerrit.paranoidandroid.co/4656
- Make PA specific features work nicely on multi-
user ( https://gerrit.paranoidandroid.co/4654
- Include the latest CM changes for the theme
- Fix the "clear all recents" bug
tl;dr Download the latest build from http://paranoidandroid.co/roms
and feel free to report any issues at https://paranoidandroid.atlassian.net/
> FINAL / ANDROID 4.4.4
This week at PA headquarters we worked very hard to
bring you the most stable experience ever since 4+.
Too many hot fixes have been merged today, along
with some new goodies.
What does 4.4 Final mean?
Current featured branch reached final stable state.
Doesn’t mean at all that development has stopped
You can just flash this, and feel safe.
> KITKAT UPSTREAM
Android 4.4.4 upstream tag has been merged into our
> VOLUME PANEL
The Volume Panel has been re-designed as you can
see in the image below to be inline with hover, be less
intrusive and more beautiful.
Hover UI/UX has been reworked a bit for tablet users:
Hover will not take the whole screen width, but it will
respect notification size. Also status bar isn’t hidden
when hover shows and you can pull it down when you
want, as you touch status bar Hover will be dismissed
to not overload on top of status bar expanded state.
Another awesome thing is that un-dismissible
notifications cases like screenshots etc have been
solved (yea is true). Last but not least the marriage
with ticker view has been reworked, when hover is
enabled and you receive notifications from foreground
app they will not be shown in Hover but in ticker.
Fixed a couple of issues regarding repositioning. Also,
Pie now follows same behavior of navigation bar on
phone when in landscape, sticks at right. Last but not
least Pie is now themeable by external xml resources,
by Theme Engine.
As for Peek App our Native Peek got some love on
sensors side. They should work better now. You can
find latest Peek App with advanced features on Play
Store, check link below.
> THEME ENGINE
Merged upstream changes and added style support to
Dialer app, IME switcher alert dialog and many more.
Full battery meter theming from CM
Other upstream theme engine fixes
Fixed light theme support (WiFi Settings FC)
Hopefully fixed rare blank screen and always show
> DOCUMENTS UI
Updated system API to let it delete folders.
Fix Documents UI crashing
> PARANOID OTA
Fixed some FCs.
Imported new crowdin translations.
New translations thanks to crowdin contributors.
Fixed various bugs as rare softboots and cleanups.
Other miscellaneous bugfixes
- General improvements
- Improved sensors algorithm
- Fixed theme support
- Separate dimension for dual tile switch so themers
can edit it separately
- Other small fixes
- General improvements
- Upstream feature patches/fixes
- Fixed system and on the spot dialogs theming
- Other fixes
- Fixed clear all glitch on quick double press while
many apps are loaded
- Crash preventing patches
- Fixed various force closes (Chrome, Settings,
- Fix input settings empty screen when launching from
- Fixed Safe Headset Volume dialog Softboot
- Fixed lens blur rendering
Bugs fixed(in L9) by me, nasheich
- Video streaming
- Wrong ID in Paranoid OTA
> Android 4.4.3
- Fixes for Recents view, prevent NPEs
- On boot keyguard dialog improvements
- Cleanup LED implement a bit
- Logical fixes
- First public stable state
- Various improvements
- Improved Ticker handling, now will show for
- Don’t open current notification in floating if is from
current foreground app
- Updated to latest CyanogenMod state
- Officially 0-Day supported upstream changes
- Fixed home button refreshing on applied theme
- Improved PIE’s trigger
- Improved navbar handling
- Cleanup of public API
- New Googly style, thanks to +Austin Hill for the
- General fixes
> AOSPA 4.4 Beta 1
- Translated into over 30 languages!
- Backported numerous fixes from AOSP master.
- Improved quicksettings.
- Removed lockscreen blur feature in favour of custom
lockscreen background from*Theme Engine (it will
come back as a component of theme engine in the
> Theme Engine
- Bring full CM11 theme engine. (First AOSP based
- WARNING: Home button gets refreshed only after
reboot or by force killing SystemUI *if you want to *a
avoid reboot. Will be fixed in next build.
- Stable status!!
- Removed Jank (its a technical term)
- Fixed remaining bugs, including spam and invisible
- Fully working and improved inCallUi.
- Restored default swipe to dismiss behavior. An
upcoming swipe up gesture will let you dismiss*hover
as was replacing the old behavior.
- Fixed immersive API Thanks for the developers who
helped diagnose the issue
- Vastly improved triggering, and allow you to trigger
from any area on the edge on tablets.
- Pie now rotates like the navBar (will appear on short
- Enabled pie only on immersive mode enabled by quick
settings tlie (not in app immersive).
- Fixed AOSP immersive bug issue where apps would
register a touch when swiping statusBar*and/or
- Fixed numerous freezes
- Big Update
- New Rom Base (Latest CM11 by dhiru1602)
- New Rom Port (AOSPA 4.3 Beta 7)
- New PA feature : HOVER
Watch this video
- Hybrid Engine
- Pie Control
- Camera, Panorama and 1080p working
- and many more...
- New Rom Base (Latest CM11 by Artas128x )
- New Rom Port (AOSPA 4.2 Beta 3)
- Fix Calling Issue
- Fix GPS
- Fix FC on Lightbulb
- Fix FC Paranoid Updater (it's unofficial build by
porting, you won't get OTA update
- Remove HALO from setting
- and more...
- Initial Release