No registration required

Battery life while bluetooth tethered!?

OP Largewoodenspoon

30th January 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

128 posts
Hi guys.

Just wondering - how long are you supposed to get while the watch is tethered to your phone?

Mine is on nulrom v20 - which is great!

When tethered to my note3 - for notifications (email, phone etc) the battery lasts about 5 hours at the very most.

Is this right?

If so - not too impressed really - pretty pointless if the battery wont last a whole working day......

Let me know guys?
30th January 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS
Thanks Meter: 3,945

3,153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largewoodenspoon

Hi guys.

Just wondering - how long are you supposed to get while the watch is tethered to your phone?

When tethered to my note3 - for notifications (email, phone etc) the battery lasts about 5 hours at the very most.

Is this right?

If so - not too impressed really - pretty pointless if the battery wont last a whole working day......

Let me know guys?

How about using tethering when you need it ? Why do you need tethering on your gear constantly anyway ? Of coarse your going to get bad battery life..
30th January 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag Silicon Valley
Thanks Meter: 62

507 posts
More
I get over 8 hours which lasts me a full day of work. Are you using any CPU management program like setcpu?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

128 posts
Yep. Whats your cpu settings. Got mine ondemand and 400-1600.
Maybe 200-1200 better?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th January 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #5  
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 367

2,472 posts
I'm getting amazing battery life BT tethered with Null 20 as long as I leave the wrist motion turn-on disabled (with that on mine also dies in 5 hours)

I had mine tethered for 12 hours today (I don't need to, but I was just trying it out syncing gmail etc.), and still had 86% left on the battery readout.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmorton10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 296

1,010 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10

I'm getting amazing battery life BT tethered with Null 20 as long as I leave the wrist motion turn-on disabled (with that on mine also dies in 5 hours)

I had mine tethered for 12 hours today (I don't need to, but I was just trying it out syncing gmail etc.), and still had 86% left on the battery readout.

+1
5th February 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #7  
I've used tethering since it was available. It hardly had any impact on the watch. My phone battery on the other hand got smashed
5th February 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 296

1,010 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo

I've used tethering since it was available. It hardly had any impact on the watch. My phone battery on the other hand got smashed

haha. that is true. fortunately my N3 never suffers from any battery issues when plugged in nightly so i have just been leaving it on or i should say forgetting to turn it off.
5th February 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch33

haha. that is true. fortunately my N3 never suffers from any battery issues when plugged in nightly so i have just been leaving it on or i should say forgetting to turn it off.

hehe, yeah, my phone spends 90% of it's life connected to a charger
5th February 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Largewoodenspoon

Hi guys.

Is this right?

Let me know guys?

If you are connected just to receive your notification, as a standard gear would, then your battery should last over a day. You probably need to adjust your voltage settings to solve this. I have mine set to max 500Mhz. Then it seems to last like a stock gear.

If you are connected and using Bluetooth tether, which will give you access to browsing, playstore ect on the gear, then your battery will not last at all. Then your gear and phone should theoretically suffer.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread