Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where in the world is Allow Mock Location in Gear setting?

Tip us?

ronfurro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Where in the world is Allow Mock Location in Gear setting?

Im trying to enable GPS tethering for Google Maps and I need to select "Allow Mock Location" in setting some where. Can you please help me locate where in the Gear this can be located?

animatechnica
Old
Thanks Meter 151
its under the developer settings - which is hidden unless you unlock it - . while on the desktop (using Nova launcher) to get the developer settings, go into settings, about gear, then tap build number about 5 times to enable developer options. go back to the previous screen (still under settings), then scroll down to 'developer options', tap this and look for allow mock locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro View Post
Im trying to enable GPS tethering for Google Maps and I need to select "Allow Mock Location" in setting some where. Can you please help me locate where in the Gear this can be located?
The Following User Says Thank You to animatechnica For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ronfurro
Old
(Last edited by ronfurro; 5th March 2014 at 03:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatechnica View Post
its under the developer settings - which is hidden unless you unlock it - . while on the desktop (using Nova launcher) to get the developer settings, go into settings, about gear, then tap build number about 5 times to enable developer options. go back to the previous screen (still under settings), then scroll down to 'developer options', tap this and look for allow mock locations
Got it! Thank you so much. Now I got turn-by-turn navigation!

Edit: Gear cant seem to do turn-by-turn but general maps features are supported and work fine.

lazer9
Old
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro View Post
Got it! Thank you so much. Now I got turn-by-turn navigation!

Edit: Gear cant seem to do turn-by-turn but general maps features are supported and work fine.
Do you have to be on Internet Tether to accomplish this? and I'm assuming you just installed Google Maps to the gear?
Verizon Galaxy S4 w/ Safestrap Recovery v3.72 & ★[ROM][AUG 27][AROMA] Hyperdrive KK RLS18.1 `._ ║ Tweaks ★ w/ NC2 Bootloader -On Stock Side!...

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

Asus Transformer TF300T : ROM★★★TF300 KitKat 4.4.4-CROMBi-kk-RC3.1-Sep 7★★★

ronfurro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Bluetooth transfer the APK from your phone to the gear. It is the easiest way, I have found to transfer amd install files.