Unhappy [Q] {HELP PLEASE}Mytouch 4G wont read my sim card?

OP psn1819

17th June 2011, 11:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2

115 posts
More
hi i have a rooted mytouch 4G..for some odd reason it wont read my sim card or even identify if their is one.i cant even get a 3g or 4g symbol. I have flashed rom after rom and im using a new radio 26.03.00.04..and i flashed another radio prior to that...could it be sim locked? or has the antenna died or idk..please any help will do thanks
18th June 2011, 01:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Your basement
Thanks Meter: 414

1,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Does it say Emergency Calls Only or No Service in the notification bar? Or does it show T-Mobile, and you have no bars?
18th June 2011, 03:02 AM   |  #3  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 105

2,277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazaIan

Does it say Emergency Calls Only or No Service in the notification bar? Or does it show T-Mobile, and you have no bars?

You are combining numerous issues into one. The SD, radio, and ROM are all separate issues.

I would check the SD card and see if its still good. Second, I would check your APN settings. Some ROMs do not come with them installed and you have to manually input them.

If all else fails, flash a new ROM and try that.
18th June 2011, 07:42 AM   |  #4  
Flag Dripping Springs
Thanks Meter: 191

1,134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie76

You are combining numerous issues into one. The SD, radio, and ROM are all separate issues.

Well yes, that's troubleshooting

Sent from my HTC Glacier
1st July 2011, 01:55 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

91 posts
Dear experts,

I just bought the Mytouch 4G off Ebay for my wife's birthday (unlocked so no contract). I have rooted an LG Optimus T before so I thought I could do the same to this phone. My only problem is that I did not have a sim card in hand so I rooted and upgraded the Royal Ginger Rom without the sim card. Now my phone is working perfectly but there is an error of "no sim card, emergency calls only," even after I insert a sim card that works with another phone. I am running out of ideas, the only thing to try is to somehow load the factory default which I did not back up. At the moment with gfree, s=off, please help :(...
1st July 2011, 04:42 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 29

170 posts
Two questions... Are you inserting the sim card as the symbol where u insert it shows? Second, is the sim card activated with a carrier?

Sent from my My Touch 4G using XDA Premium App
2nd July 2011, 12:51 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
i have same problem please help ........................
2nd July 2011, 01:04 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 6

91 posts
Fixed my problem after hours and research and restored the original rom. Please make sure you have the sim card in the correct way as well, easy to miss on this phone...
14th July 2011, 02:13 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
if its not to much trouble could you help me out with the steps. i currently rooted my mytouch 4g as well and i'm getting the same error message. it says no sim card emergency calls only
14th July 2011, 04:14 PM   |  #10  
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 632

2,219 posts
More
lol i inserted my sim wrongly on my phone first time i tried and was embarrassed when my wife showed me the correct way, felt like such an idiot haha

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread