Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP, stuck in recovery loading loop

Tip us?

jeremyhilton
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy [Q] HELP, stuck in recovery loading loop

So I am rooted but S-ON and honestly am not that advanced with this kind of stuff. I have rooted all of my phones myself (starting with the HTC Hero, EVO 4G, EVO 3d, EVO 4G LTE and now the ONE) but have never really had to mess around with fastboot or ADB aside from when initially following the instructions to root my phone.

With that being said here is what happened today:

I wiped my phone as I just downloaded VIPER ROM Viper ONE 5.5.0 and I wanted to try it out. However when I was in AROMA Installer it said it failed to install it and suggested I update my TWRP Recovery. When I did that it said to reboot while in recovery so I went to do that and than TWRP said something about root being missing and suggested I fix it. I chose to fix it and then my phone started booting but then went dark with the LED light going on red for like 7 seconds than off. So I decided to try power and volume down which gets me to bootloader/fastboot etc, however when I try to go to recovery it says its loading then goes black.

Now I'm assuming I just need to reinstall recovery but am not sure how. I just downloaded TWRP image file as well as JDK and the Android bundle but am not sure what I'm doing to be honest...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7600

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhilton View Post
So I am rooted but S-ON and honestly am not that advanced with this kind of stuff. I have rooted all of my phones myself (starting with the HTC Hero, EVO 4G, EVO 3d, EVO 4G LTE and now the ONE) but have never really had to mess around with fastboot or ADB aside from when initially following the instructions to root my phone.

With that being said here is what happened today:

I wiped my phone as I just downloaded VIPER ROM Viper ONE 5.5.0 and I wanted to try it out. However when I was in AROMA Installer it said it failed to install it and suggested I update my TWRP Recovery. When I did that it said to reboot while in recovery so I went to do that and than TWRP said something about root being missing and suggested I fix it. I chose to fix it and then my phone started booting but then went dark with the LED light going on red for like 7 seconds than off. So I decided to try power and volume down which gets me to bootloader/fastboot etc, however when I try to go to recovery it says its loading then goes black.

Now I'm assuming I just need to reinstall recovery but am not sure how. I just downloaded TWRP image file as well as JDK and the Android bundle but am not sure what I'm doing to be honest...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sounds like you installed an incompatible version of twrp meaning not the version for Sprint
Find the latest version here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2651035

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeremyhilton
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Sounds like you installed an incompatible version of twrp meaning not the version for Sprint
Find the latest version here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2651035
Awesome thanks! However I'm not sure how to install the new one as my phone won't boot and I can't get into recovery..

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7600

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhilton View Post
Awesome thanks! However I'm not sure how to install the new one as my phone won't boot and I can't get into recovery..
Put the file in the folder that has adb and fastboot in it
From bootloader ( fastbootusb ) to get there hold power + vol down
open a cmd window from that folder and type
fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeremyhilton
Old
(Last edited by jeremyhilton; 3rd March 2014 at 12:12 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Put the file in the folder that has adb and fastboot in it
From bootloader ( fastbootusb ) to get there hold power + vol down
open a cmd window from that folder and type
fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
This worked AWESOME, thanks guys!
Tags
boot, help !, htc one, recovery loop, twrp