FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Stock rom discussion!

21st July 2013, 06:36 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Let's talk about the stock rom!
What day out like about it and what. You don't like about it, and how you made. It better!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
 
 
21st July 2013, 03:11 PM |#2  
gingson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nassau County, NY
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
I am sticking with the unrooted stock Rom for now. I am using an awesome, though not perfect, launcher called Next 3D Launcher.

Stock rom is what you would expect from a stock rom. Laggy at times but it could be my settings. The main reason why I am sticking with it is because of mixed results with rooting the MDL firmware. Users reported issues with WIFI and DATA connections. I can't seem to figure out whether these issues are due to rooting, MDL firmware, kernel, and noob mistakes. As soon as there is a unanimous confirmation of the main cause of these connections issues and a fix is posted I will be rooting.

The stock ROM, IMHO, is good enough and is perfect as a daily-driver. A lot of bloatwares and cannot be uninstalled.
The Following User Says Thank You to gingson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2013, 03:56 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingson

I am sticking with the unrooted stock Rom for now. I am using an awesome, though not perfect, launcher called Next 3D Launcher.

Stock rom is what you would expect from a stock rom. Laggy at times but it could be my settings. The main reason why I am sticking with it is because of mixed results with rooting the MDL firmware. Users reported issues with WIFI and DATA connections. I can't seem to figure out whether these issues are due to rooting, MDL firmware, kernel, and noob mistakes. As soon as there is a unanimous confirmation of the main cause of these connections issues and a fix is posted I will be rooting.

The stock ROM, IMHO, is good enough and is perfect as a daily-driver. A lot of bloatwares and cannot be uninstalled.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
The stock rom is perfect the way it is, but about the thing you said about rooting
I never heard of that before, but from my experience, I did not have issues when I rooted

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
21st July 2013, 11:20 PM |#4  
gingson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nassau County, NY
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrubio1

Couldn't have said it better myself!
The stock rom is perfect the way it is, but about the thing you said about rooting
I never heard of that before, but from my experience, I did not have issues when I rooted

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Check this thread about the WIFI issue.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2268880&page=6
22nd July 2013, 02:38 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingson

Check this thread about the WIFI issue.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2268880&page=6

Quoted the wrong person

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
22nd July 2013, 03:55 AM |#6  
Soldier 2.0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 320
 
More
Stock ROM is okay for now. Lte works and you can use Wi-Fi to make phone calls and text. I change the launcher to Nova and call it good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
24th July 2013, 03:31 AM |#7  
gingson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nassau County, NY
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrubio1

Quoted the wrong person

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

I wasn't quoting a person, I was directing your attention to a page where you will find WiFi issues.

Anyway, I wished that I could debloat the stock Rom without rooting.
The Following User Says Thank You to gingson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2013, 04:15 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Rooting should not affect functionality of your phone. And then you can just flash an entire stock rom already debloated.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
25th July 2013, 04:02 AM |#9  
Dr. Fed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston Area
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
This stock rom pisses me off...cuz its so damn solid I have little reason to flash others! I like the Google edition Roms, but the lack of WiFi calling on those keeps me coming back to this one. Rooted, using Nova, and I haven't had any major problems. Performance has been great, especially after the usual adjustments.
25th July 2013, 04:50 PM |#10  
gingson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nassau County, NY
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostMeridianLyf

Rooting should not affect functionality of your phone. And then you can just flash an entire stock rom already debloated.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I tend to agree with you but, what you do after you achieve root is the start of when things get crazy. Sometimes we tend to abuse the freedom of removing and adding stuff and then your phone becomes an object with a character of its own. That's when we start wondering why we have problems while others do not. Yes we make our phones become individuals. They become like pets.
The Following User Says Thank You to gingson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4 General by ThreadRank