Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Newbie questions on Flashtool

OP viral1991

16th July 2012, 09:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Having searched for this and moving through the official flashtool site, there still seems to be some confusion so here are some questions :

1. The rooting procedure for neo V ics locked bootloader instructs to flash a different kernel. So, is this possible without rooting, through flashtool?

2. Can we downgrade to stock gb from stock ics without rooting?

3. All flashtool instructions are in the X10 forums, which says that the instructions should be fine with the Neo too. So, is it okay with the Neo V too?

Regards,

Viral
16th July 2012, 10:29 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,495

2,399 posts
Donate to Me
1. Yes,
2. Yes, but don't go below Android 2.3.3 or even 2.3.4, (only for Neo, since Neo V, is not that old)
3. Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Madfysh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2012, 08:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Thanks a lot. So, in general, flashing stock ROMs & kernels doesn't require root. while even flashing hybrid ROMs requires root, right?

Also, have long should a typical flashing procedure take? If by chance, the USB gets disconnected mid-way & the phone gets bricked, will it be recoverable?

Thanks.
18th July 2012, 09:43 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,495

2,399 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by viral1991

So, in general, flashing stock ROMs & kernels doesn't require root.

Correct.

Quote:

while even flashing hybrid ROMs requires root, right?

Correct, actually it requires CWM recovery, which you can't install without root, so

Quote:

Also, have long should a typical flashing procedure take? If by chance, the USB gets disconnected mid-way & the phone gets bricked, will it be recoverable?

flashing is done in 2,3 minutes.
Please make sure that USB is in safe position. Most of the problems of failed flash can be solved by flashing it again, while some can be solved by paying someone to fix it with SETool box.
I didn't hear someone bricked it so much that not even setool box can't fix it.

anw, try not to disconnect usb
Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Madfysh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
More
Selection in the Smart Phone Flash Toll
Placed this question in the Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting > [Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

When I make the Scatter-loading I get a selection of files. Witch files are I allowed to exclude/ or do I have to include?
  • Preloader
  • MBR
  • EBR1
  • UBOOT
  • BOOTIMG
  • RECOVERY
  • SEC_RO
  • LOGO
  • EBR2
  • ANDROID
  • CHACKE
  • USRDATA
  • FAT

I wanted to flash another recovery (From another ROM for this phone (Had a Chinese boot-loader))
with MobileUncle MKT Tools.
When I like to flash another recovery do I have to flash the preloder too? or why I ended up in a bootloop?
Last edited by lenovoOwner; 5th March 2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Wrong place to ask this question.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread