Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 49,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Low internal storage after flashing roms

Tip us?

darredevvil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Low internal storage after flashing roms

hello after flashing some ROMS i noticed the internal storage on my NOTE 2 has dropped to 3 Gbs. I installed via cwm and i first wiped data/factory reset, then i wiped cache partition and also wiped dalvik cache.how can i fix this? thanks guys

TheATHEiST
Old
(Last edited by TheATHEiST; 3rd March 2014 at 12:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by darredevvil View Post
hello after flashing some ROMS i noticed the internal storage on my NOTE 2 has dropped to 3 Gbs. I installed via cwm and i first wiped data/factory reset, then i wiped cache partition and also wiped dalvik cache.how can i fix this? thanks guys
You can fix it by giving relevant information to the people who will potentially be helping you.

Which roms did you flash?
Has your total or available dropped to 3GB??
Can you provide screens of storage details???
Phone:
Galaxy Note II | CM11 (Unofficial)

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 > iPad3 > Nexus 7

darredevvil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes i am sorry. You are right. So,I have flashed a series of omega ROMS : Omega V18, Omega V19 up to Omega V23, As you see the available space is now 3.8 gb after i uninstalled some apps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-03 05.09.43.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	2610455

jakuburban
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
You can solve this by using a program called diskusage.

Sent from galaxy n7105

geekynoob
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2183

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
yes i am sorry. You are right. So,I have flashed a series of omega ROMS : Omega V18, Omega V19 up to Omega V23, As you see the available space is now 3.8 gb after i uninstalled some apps.

Attachment 2610455
Just tap on the miscellaneous bar.. and check what is hogging your space... There is stuff in your phone which only u can see and remove
Give a Chance to a New Developer..!! Xda is just not about Fanboyism..
It's about encouraging a person who is investing his/her time and resources for you.. For FREE..!!

darredevvil
Old
(Last edited by darredevvil; 3rd March 2014 at 10:35 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekynoob View Post
Just tap on the miscellaneous bar.. and check what is hogging your space... There is stuff in your phone which only u can see and remove

thank you but i already have done that..and i that on my sd card this is the isue described here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...file+structure

i have a ton of 0 directories on my media file!
/data/media/0/0/0/0/0/0

i have found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097452

but i don t know if this works in my case

geekynoob
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2183

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
thank you but i already have done that..and i that on my sd card this is the isue described here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...file+structure

i have a ton of 0 directories on my media file!
/data/media/0/0/0/0/0/0

i have found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097452

but i don t know if this works in my case
use a root exporer-- go to data/media and this is where all the files are hidin.. DRAG THEM OUT
Give a Chance to a New Developer..!! Xda is just not about Fanboyism..
It's about encouraging a person who is investing his/her time and resources for you.. For FREE..!!

darredevvil
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekynoob View Post
use a root exporer-- go to data/media and this is where all the files are hidin.. DRAG THEM OUT

haha actually i was kinda afraid of destroying my phone if i deleted some of the 0 folders r files! But i tried installing Omega V24 ( wipa dat/factory reset , wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache) and somehow the issue is partially solved! I still dont know how though!

myk1709
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
haha actually i was kinda afraid of destroying my phone if i deleted some of the 0 folders r files! But i tried installing Omega V24 ( wipa dat/factory reset , wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache) and somehow the issue is partially solved! I still dont know how though!
deleting those 0 folders wont affect anything it just hold your old data that was used by previous rom if u explore you will find your previous data and u can simply delete with any file explorer even with my files

cyberboob
Old
Thanks Meter 386
I'm gonna take a shot at the dark here too... maybe you also still have a bunch of Custom ROM zip files on your phone (the files you used to flash in recovery). ^^ :P
If you need help, check the FAQ first for whatever ROM you're on. Then ask questions.