Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 38,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App Idea - loss prevention

Tip us?
 
kryon
Old
(Last edited by kryon; 1st March 2014 at 06:08 PM.) Reason: minner changes
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney
Post App Idea - loss prevention

Hello World! - first time posting sorry if something like this has come up or is out there and I just missed it.

Hi all so I have a simple idea but as I'm far from a programer and would only just dare call myself a power user at best for I can follow most of the guides here with little hitch and find the answers to most hitches I do come a cross but programing no.....

Just to though this out there.

When I walk away from my phone I get a small vibrate and a short message saying BT is disconnected on the Gear, ok fair enough but If i really forget my phone and walk away from it for some reason it is because I'm deeply occupied in something or distracted and sometimes a quick weak shake from the gear will go right under my attention thus the idea would be for.

a simple app that on the gear one could have an alarm that vibrates until the gear was accessed to turn the alarm of manually or BT reconnects.

Don't know how hard this might be but I would pay money for something like this in a app store

Some icing on the cake might be that an alarm goes off on both devices with audio alarm for the phone, you know if someone somehow lifts your phone or maybe a bag that you phone happens to be. but just an idea.

And Huge Thanks to all the people that have done great work here on making the Galaxy Gear awesome
Thank You
 
animatechnica
Old
#2  
animatechnica's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 748
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Freakmont
Havent tried but but i suppose you can sideload tasker and can setup a tasker task that tests for bluetooth connection and raise an alert as needed

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
 
kryon
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatechnica View Post
Havent tried but but i suppose you can sideload tasker and can setup a tasker task that tests for bluetooth connection and raise an alert as needed

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response I was wondering if tasker might be able to do something like this and now you mention it I will load it and see. but I think it would be nice to see a dedicated app, but then I also think Sammy should of had something like this straight out of the gate but hey maybe Iím being crazy.

Cheers.
 
animatechnica
Old
#4  
animatechnica's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 748
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Freakmont
got to playing with this - i used the app Atooma which is in the Samsung Apps section of Gear manager. loaded it on the phone and the gear - basically a simplified tasker

- got it set so when the Gear gets out of range of BT and disconnect, the phone starts playing a tune

really simple to setup and works great.




Quote:
Originally Posted by kryon View Post
Thanks for the response I was wondering if tasker might be able to do something like this and now you mention it I will load it and see. but I think it would be nice to see a dedicated app, but then I also think Sammy should of had something like this straight out of the gate but hey maybe I’m being crazy.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-02-18-36-13.png
Views:	60
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	2610333  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to animatechnica For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kryon
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney
Default Good thinking :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatechnica View Post
got to playing with this - i used the app Atooma which is in the Samsung Apps section of Gear manager. loaded it on the phone and the gear - basically a simplified tasker

- got it set so when the Gear gets out of range of BT and disconnect, the phone starts playing a tune

really simple to setup and works great.


Great idea and I was just playing with atooma the other day but was trying auto wifi, I should of thought of that thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes