Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 41,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Xoom time to move on?

Tip us?

DavilaDarkness
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Default Motorola Xoom time to move on?

Hi,
I own a Motorola Xoom MZ604 since it came out in PR(USA), I have tried every available custom rom. Even the 4.4.2 OmniRom and CM. Got bored of 4.4.2 since cached images were showing on the gallery and couldn't find a way to fix it. Went back to stock 4.1.2 rooted.

I want to know what you think. If Ishould move on to a more 'powerful' tablet or if the Xoom still got it?!?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AAA-STONE
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm wondering the same. I also have the xoom 604. Tried all roms. Using Omni but I like the stock rom better. Nothing really special ever happened, like multi window. I want something newer with hdmi and 1080p or multi window.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

brewer75
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavilaDarkness View Post
Hi,
I own a Motorola Xoom MZ604 since it came out in PR(USA), I have tried every available custom rom. Even the 4.4.2 OmniRom and CM. Got bored of 4.4.2 since cached images were showing on the gallery and couldn't find a way to fix it. Went back to stock 4.1.2 rooted.

I want to know what you think. If Ishould move on to a more 'powerful' tablet or if the Xoom still got it?!?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Certainly depends what you are using the tablet for. I have a desktop and a laptop that I use for certain tasks but the Xoom is handy for lot's of things too. I bought my used Xoom wifi about a year ago, immediately rooted it and ran various CM 4.2's. I decided to take the leap of re-partitioning and installed the unofficial OmniRom Kit Kat 4.4.2 making sure I explicitly followed ALL the directions, procedures, and tweaks. This has brought the device back to life and I am very pleased that it works so well. I haven't had the problems you reported and everything is working very smoothly.