Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked, What to do after factory cable.

Tip us?

iceygod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricked, What to do after factory cable.

I have a first generation Kindle Fire, I have a functioning fastboot cable and have flashed a bad rom. When the android rom loads, it constantly gives this error that pops up after you dismiss it. That's beside the point however. When the fastboot cable is plugged it, the kindle goes into fastboot and I see the kindlefire logo. I believe this is what fastboot is and I have tried to use KFU but it reads that it is not connected. Then I put Ubuntu on a flash drive and tried using Soupkit. However, it still did not connect to the Kindle Fire. Any suggestions? I may have made an simple error but any input is greatly appreciated.

josehno1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceygod View Post
I have a first generation Kindle Fire, I have a functioning fastboot cable and have flashed a bad rom. When the android rom loads, it constantly gives this error that pops up after you dismiss it. That's beside the point however. When the fastboot cable is plugged it, the kindle goes into fastboot and I see the kindlefire logo. I believe this is what fastboot is and I have tried to use KFU but it reads that it is not connected. Then I put Ubuntu on a flash drive and tried using Soupkit. However, it still did not connect to the Kindle Fire. Any suggestions? I may have made an simple error but any input is greatly appreciated.
Did you install the drivers for your kindle fire?

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceygod View Post
In Linux you should just be able to install fastboot from the terminal.... Just open your terninal and type fastboot if it is not installed it will tell you
the command to install it... Let me know if this helps....Thx lj

androvista
Old
Thanks Meter 327
After the kindle boots into fastboot, use a normal USB cable

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

Hey, I'm androvista, head of the InFriction ROM team.
InFriction ROM team head - androvista is AwesomePress the Thanks button To Support my Hard Work