Bricked, What to do after factory cable.

OP iceygod

26th February 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have a first generation Kindle Fire, I have a functioning fastboot cable and have flashed a bad rom. When the android rom loads, it constantly gives this error that pops up after you dismiss it. That's beside the point however. When the fastboot cable is plugged it, the kindle goes into fastboot and I see the kindlefire logo. I believe this is what fastboot is and I have tried to use KFU but it reads that it is not connected. Then I put Ubuntu on a flash drive and tried using Soupkit. However, it still did not connect to the Kindle Fire. Any suggestions? I may have made an simple error but any input is greatly appreciated.
3rd March 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceygod

I have a first generation Kindle Fire, I have a functioning fastboot cable and have flashed a bad rom. When the android rom loads, it constantly gives this error that pops up after you dismiss it. That's beside the point however. When the fastboot cable is plugged it, the kindle goes into fastboot and I see the kindlefire logo. I believe this is what fastboot is and I have tried to use KFU but it reads that it is not connected. Then I put Ubuntu on a flash drive and tried using Soupkit. However, it still did not connect to the Kindle Fire. Any suggestions? I may have made an simple error but any input is greatly appreciated.

Did you install the drivers for your kindle fire?
3rd March 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,537

1,903 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceygod

In Linux you should just be able to install fastboot from the terminal.... Just open your terninal and type fastboot if it is not installed it will tell you
the command to install it... Let me know if this helps....Thx lj
3rd March 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 331

711 posts
More
After the kindle boots into fastboot, use a normal USB cable

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread