Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Issues with PayPal Here

OP AtLemacks

16th June 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
AtLemacks's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mishawaka, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 194
 
1,623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Anyone else have a PayPal Here card reader? I tried to get it to work to no avail, the app isn't available for the Rezound so I called PayPal and spoke with a rep. After their trouble shooting he finally gave up and shipped out another reader. Same issue, it says card reader ready but doesn't actually work. I finally got the bright idea to use it on my girlfriends Nexus, works perfectly fine, so it is in fact the phone/software. Now, before we all get into an uproar, I had tried it before I went the root method, and I have tried it on both CleamROM DE/SE. I think it may be a conflict with Beats, however, I did disable it to no avail also. Anyone have any other input?

I now have 2 card readers and no phone that can use it, lol. Luckily the app allows you to "scan" or manually enter the card info.
16th June 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Greenville, Texas
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Phone Paypal Here
I also have a Paypal here reader that does not work. I sent an email to Paypal developer about it a couple weeks back and they said that the HTC One X is not one of the supported phones for their app yet. They also said that Google Play is allowing some phones to download it that are not compatible.
16th June 2012, 07:47 AM   |  #3  
designgears's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 8,692
 
4,880 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
More
probably just a matter of adding some key codes to the keylayout files
16th June 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
AtLemacks's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mishawaka, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 194
 
1,623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears

probably just a matter of adding some key codes to the keylayout files

Is this something you are able to do? If so, what do you need to do it? It's not a big deal, just more convenient to swipe the card. I can send out one of the readers as my girlfriends account just got approved and hers is in the mail. No reason for us to have 3 card readers when only 1 phone can use it, lol.
21st February 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Scranton
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
SD Card issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLemacks

Anyone else have a PayPal Here card reader? I tried to get it to work to no avail, the app isn't available for the Rezound so I called PayPal and spoke with a rep. After their trouble shooting he finally gave up and shipped out another reader. Same issue, it says card reader ready but doesn't actually work. I finally got the bright idea to use it on my girlfriends Nexus, works perfectly fine, so it is in fact the phone/software. Now, before we all get into an uproar, I had tried it before I went the root method, and I have tried it on both CleamROM DE/SE. I think it may be a conflict with Beats, however, I did disable it to no avail also. Anyone have any other input?

I now have 2 card readers and no phone that can use it, lol. Luckily the app allows you to "scan" or manually enter the card info.

I'm having the same issue on Galaxy Nexus with AOKP. some responses on the PayPal forum from PayPal staff suggest that the issue is that their app requires a physical SD card to write settings to. I responded that I hoped this wasn't the case because so many manufacturers are moving away from physical SD cards and that plenty of apps handle this issue easily by writing to the virtual SD card... but received no reply as of yet?

Can anyone confirm or at least suggest if the SD card may in fact be issue. If so, i guess I won't be using "PayPal Here" because I'll probably be replacing my Galaxy Nexus with the Nexus 4.
21st February 2013, 08:43 PM   |  #6  
area51avenger's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 338
 
865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Re: Issues with PayPal Here
1) this thread is nearly a year old
2) you are in the hox forums not the n4 forums

Sent from my VENOMized HoxL
21st February 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
paypal here card reader does NOT work with my one x either.
I just posted this information in case anyone was wondering if paypal had fixed this.
they have not!
Last edited by orangekid; 23rd February 2014 at 12:36 AM. Reason: thanks timmaaa for contributing
5th March 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by undivide

paypal here card reader does NOT work with my one x either.
I just posted this information in case anyone was wondering if paypal had fixed this.
they have not!

What does paypal reply about this issue?
6th March 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
I have not contacted them yet about this

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes