One X SIM unlock problems

1st January 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi everyone, I've read that some people have been having trouble with unlock codes for their HTC One X. Recently, I experienced the same issue as I had a One X but I was on T-Mobile.

I found a code seller on eBay did the *#06# and got my IMEI, received the code and it did not work. Tried this multiple times, with multiple vendors and they all sent the same code.

But, I found out what was wrong. With all the popping the SIM tray in and out I realized that their was an IMEI written on the SIM tray, but it did not match with the IMEI on the phone.So, with nothing else to lose, I entered the IMEI number on the SIM tray, received the unlock code, and to my surprise, my phone was SIM unlocked!

If anyone is having trouble unlocking, try checking to see if the IMEI on the SIM tray is different from the IMEI on the phone, it worked for me!
3rd March 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #2  

2 posts
I have the same problem with my htc one x but the sim tray is blank :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaOmnimon

Hi everyone, I've read that some people have been having trouble with unlock codes for their HTC One X. Recently, I experienced the same issue as I had a One X but I was on T-Mobile.

I found a code seller on eBay did the *#06# and got my IMEI, received the code and it did not work. Tried this multiple times, with multiple vendors and they all sent the same code.

But, I found out what was wrong. With all the popping the SIM tray in and out I realized that their was an IMEI written on the SIM tray, but it did not match with the IMEI on the phone.So, with nothing else to lose, I entered the IMEI number on the SIM tray, received the unlock code, and to my surprise, my phone was SIM unlocked!

If anyone is having trouble unlocking, try checking to see if the IMEI on the SIM tray is different from the IMEI on the phone, it worked for me!

I have the same problem with my htc one x but the sim tray is blank
5th March 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #3  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redx3608

I have the same problem with my htc one x but the sim tray is blank

Is it not detected? You may go to telco and have a check.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread