Quote:

Unlocked
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBoot 1.14.002
Radio 0.19as.32.09.11_2
OpenDSP v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMC-boot
June 11 2012, 14:36:28

I was running a ViperRom my camera light was staying on, I tried everything to get it to turn off. I decided it been a few month it was time to get a new ROM anyways. I tried installing Gummy Nightly's was having problem with the install read about getting a different version of TWRP so I updated to 2.6.3.0 I believe I had 2.1.0.0. Gummy still won't work, so I changed plans and want for the Viper XL Rom 4.2.0 this led to a bootloop not getting past the Viper splash screen. I thought I might as well just with one of my backup. So, i wiped and loaded a backup. This is the problem, it will load up the ROM for about 30 seconds before the icon all appear it will reboot. I've now been working on this for 2 days. I've went through each post and tried the advice each person was given, I've tried to Flash a different Rom, the Viper Rom I had when I had the Camera Light Issue, each time I get about 30 second into the Rom Load and reboot. (One of the ROMs would let me access the SDCARD0 but found a work around that.) I've let the phone sit charged for 2 hours looping. I've turn it off and let it sit charging. The next thing I'm going to try to to downgrade the TWRP. If anyone can give me some advice, something new and different to try that would be great. Thanks!

Cheers

xDrFirefly
1st March 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flat Top
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
talked to one of my buddy and said the downgrade would be pointless so, i'm trying to flash a stock rom at the moment.
2nd March 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6,840

14,204 posts
Donate to Me
More
When you changed to TWRP 2.6.3.0 was it the official version or the unofficial modified version?

Sent from my Evita
2nd March 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flat Top

6 posts
More
Recovery: Custom TWRP 2.6.3.0 w/selinux support
2nd March 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,204 posts
Donate to Me
More
And what errors did it give you when trying to install Gummy?

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flat Top

6 posts
More
The install failed. I tried it multi times, and even d/l it again to see if that would make a difference. Nope.

Here is what i've done so far. I factory reset everything. Found a stock rom flashed it on. For the two hours I used it seemed to work fine. I then flashed CleanRom everytime I would open Ti Backup the phone would reboot. I flashed another ROM, was getting the signal drop snagged the Beastmode Kernel it keep failing everytime I tried to flash it. Factory Wiped EVERYTHING again. Flashed the Stock, then Flashed ViperXL (then went to bed) in the morning still had signal bars, so far had two reboots, one when I was uninstalling apps using Manage apps feature, and another time when I was in the Venom HUB app. But at the moment the phone seems to be working. The battery life is ****. In the 30 mins I've had the phone unplug i've down to 89% and all I did was delete a few apps, and move some stuff to the home screens. Hopefully it will get better with time.

Side Note: To anyone reading this. I got the AT&T HTC XL preorder. I doubt I will ever do that again. In all the years I've been flashing and messing with phone. ( My first phone I messed with was a Sidekick ) I've never had so much trouble as I had with this phone. ( HTC Tilt, Fuze and Tilt 2 never had this kinda problem ) a friend of mine whom waited a year to get the XL has never had any of the problem I've had. Just my thoughts. Thanks and I hope I won't have to be asking anymore question.

When, I have more time and such I'm going to try to flash Gummy. If I get the same error message for it or anything else I will post it here.

Cheers

-Dr FF
2nd March 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,204 posts
Donate to Me
More
I get that it failed, I asked what error you got. Your battery life on Viper will improve, just let the ROM settle in for a few days. I've had this phone since just after release and I've never had a single problem with it, not one. There are quirks that come with any device but if you do the proper research and know what you're doing you shouldn't have issues.

Sent from my Evita
2nd March 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #8  
Flag Norton, VA
Thanks Meter: 192

815 posts
More
You might also want to try setting a fresh install up without restoring any apps or installing any social networking apps. Those are possibly the worst for fc's, random reboots, and bad battery life. At least for me that's how it is.
3rd March 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flat Top

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobas92

You might also want to try setting a fresh install up without restoring any apps or installing any social networking apps. Those are possibly the worst for fc's, random reboots, and bad battery life. At least for me that's how it is.

I will try this. Sounds like a very logical plan.
3rd March 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flat Top

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

I get that it failed, I asked what error you got. Your battery life on Viper will improve, just let the ROM settle in for a few days. I've had this phone since just after release and I've never had a single problem with it, not one. There are quirks that come with any device but if you do the proper research and know what you're doing you shouldn't have issues.

Sent from my Evita

Timmaaa I just get annoyed how easy this phone get caught in bootloops. That is really my main complaint. I know it's trivial. -- I really don't know what caused the fail when I tried to install Gummy. I wiped and tried it a few time and I keep getting failed. I normally try twice then find something else. To quote Little Britain "Computer says no".

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread