FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Going to Mexico. Need ROM advice

126 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By xmoox, Senior Member on 17th March 2014, 07:31 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Im currently running Liquid smooth 2.37 everything has been pretty rock solid except for the camcorder. I was previously running sundreams sense 4.1 4.5 5.0 rom and it was running great and seemed like a daily driver but just like the last time my contacts loading time became very long and then eventually the rom stopped working and I was getting force closes in alot of apps. Im thinking about going back to sense 3.6 and perform the latest update from Verizon to get a reliable rom back with a decent camera. Any advice on which ROM I should go for or just go ahead and return to stock thanks. Ill probably load a bunch of roms on my SD card to let me flash if something goes wrong while I am out of the country. Thanks for any advice you guys can give.

19th March 2014, 04:51 AM |#2  
Flag Staten Island
Thanks Meter: 40

More
For solid performance, I would use Neo's INFECTION ROM. 2.9.1 is excellent and by far one of the most stable ROMs I ever ran on my phone. Another ROM I'd recommend is Talon AOKP by brenuga, also very speedy and reliable.

By the way, have a great time in Mexico!
19th March 2014, 05:29 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Try everolv its a great rock solid ROM, either that or snuzzo's "plain Andy" ROM. Are you having to go to GSM or stay on CDMA? S-on or s-off?

Sent from my Rezound using xda-developers app. CyanogenMod 11. S-off
19th March 2014, 05:40 AM |#4  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 691

Donate to Me
More
Mexico is almost exclusively GSM... 850 & 1900 Mhz just like the US and Canada, so any GSM ROM will work with a local SIM card.

Evervolv and flash the GSM patch would be my choice.
19th March 2014, 05:51 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Doesn't everolv have a gsm.zip that can be flashed? Or do all ROMs have that?

19th March 2014, 01:28 PM |#6  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 691

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pball52998

Doesn't everolv have a gsm.zip that can be flashed? Or do all ROMs have that?

Not all ROMs do, some handle it different ways... Evervolv is a CDMA only ROM out of the box, but it uses a GSM.zip file that is flashed after the ROM, it replaces the build.prop file to enable GSM and the extra stuff you need (APNs and such).
21st March 2014, 04:14 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

More
thanks for the advice guys. I would use everolv but the camcorder isn't reliable so I decided I'm going to run stock for a little bit. Back to sense 3.6. I almost ran sundreams 4.5 Rom but I wasn't sure about the global capabilities. Also I hate how long the contacts takes to load.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread