Ask a question

No registration required

Does Your G2 Ever Get Hot

OP cpurick

3rd March 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

236 posts
I'm kind of stuck between two Verizon phones, not because they're similar, but because they're the two best phones for taking two different paths.

On one hand, I'd like to have the best phone I can get (currently the G2), but on the other hand I want to get the best phone "for me" -- mainly the best quality phone in a smallish package. So, for me it's come down to the G2 and the Moto X -- mainly because the latest SOCs don't come in a 4.3" phone, and I think the X is the best midrange device.

I have a Moto X right now, and another week to swap it out, and I'm still tempted to get the G2. The neat thing about the Moto X (aside from it fitting my hand) is the low power draw. My past phones have all gotten kind of hot during heavy use, but the Moto X seems to run cool very consistently. This is a really good phone with conservative specs and some worthy innovations, though I'm not going to pretend it's a flagship device.

OTOH, the G2 has a very fast SOC and both the battery and the screen are huge. It is beautiful to look at -- and also very, very fast. I would expect it to run hotter -- a lot hotter. Can anyone say whether they've seen their G2 get hot under heavy use?

I realize this is an apples-oranges comparison, which is why I'm asking specific questions. I know the X is not a substitute for a G2, but I'm sure I don't want a G2 if it comes with the heat issues I've experienced with other flagship devices. I don't want to be fast in sprints. I need a phone that can stay on for a long time without feeling like it might catch fire.
3rd March 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 191

749 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mine never gets hot. I have to pull some crazy stunts to even get it moderately warm.
3rd March 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #3  
Flag Idstein
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
My G2 is getting hot when I play games like Dead Trigger 2 with best graphics. During normal use it stays at a normal temperature.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd March 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Carmel
Thanks Meter: 406

1,027 posts
More
Mine does. But, to be fair, I put it in the toaster so...

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread