Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with Titanium Backup

Tip us?

himyfamily
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help with Titanium Backup

hi, I need some help in decrypt TB backup file. The backup is done on rooted Note II but I sold the Note II and bought the Note III. With the knox thing on Note III, I still have not rooted my phone. Bought it only for 2 months and prefer not ruin the warranty. I just want to restore some of the save game ( year of playing time). I cannot extract the .tar.gz file because I am using passphase. Anyone can help me by providing step I can decrypt and retrieve the data from .tar.gz file? I have the passphase so I just need to know the way to decrypt and extract it without an rooted phone. I don't have any other android phone (only iphone 4 and Note III) so using other phone is not possible. I have tried to contact TB support but no reply for 2 months. It is really help if someone can pointed out for me the right direction.

Thank you.

FeralFire
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by himyfamily View Post
hi, I need some help in decrypt TB backup file. The backup is done on rooted Note II but I sold the Note II and bought the Note III. With the knox thing on Note III, I still have not rooted my phone. Bought it only for 2 months and prefer not ruin the warranty. I just want to restore some of the save game ( year of playing time). I cannot extract the .tar.gz file because I am using passphase. Anyone can help me by providing step I can decrypt and retrieve the data from .tar.gz file? I have the passphase so I just need to know the way to decrypt and extract it without an rooted phone. I don't have any other android phone (only iphone 4 and Note III) so using other phone is not possible. I have tried to contact TB support but no reply for 2 months. It is really help if someone can pointed out for me the right direction.

Thank you.
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do without root.
Though you could maybe root your Note 3 without voiding warranty.
Dial *#1234# and check your software version. Then check out the URLDV thread.

himyfamily
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFire View Post
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do without root.
Though you could maybe root your Note 3 without voiding warranty.
Dial *#1234# and check your software version. Then check out the URLDV thread.
I already checked but I am on 4.4.2 . I will search around more . Thank you for the suggestion.