411 on game development.

OP nachoandroid85

3rd March 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

36 posts
More
I need help/advice. Ive been looking everywhere YouTube,Google. I'm trying to find the right software and info on building my own android game..I have eclipse but don't know java or any other programming language to save my life. Anyone have any advice on what I need or a website to teach me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
16th March 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachoandroid85

I need help/advice. Ive been looking everywhere YouTube,Google. I'm trying to find the right software and info on building my own android game..I have eclipse but don't know java or any other programming language to save my life. Anyone have any advice on what I need or a website to teach me.

I'm not aware of any great game building templates for android, so this post only has to do with making your own software from scratch.

I would go to the android developer site, and download the Android Development Tools: http://developer .android.com/sdk/index.html (remove the space)

Then I would read up on Java and try to make increasingly difficult projects. Don't even start with android, get a java book (Java Illuminated and Big Java are good ones) and learn the basics of Java. If you know another language already, that won't be too hard. Then, start looking through the android development website, which has a lot of good tutorials.

Once you have an idea for the game, write it out, figure out what you need each piece to do, and then you'll have a much easier time writing your game, because you'll have specific questions that can be answered by the tutorials or your fellow developers here at xda

Have fun and good luck!
17th March 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachoandroid85

You can try the GameMaker, but you will need to know at least the basics of any programming language (variables, conditionals, loops,...)
3rd April 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Consider learning Unity 3D. Its an amazing tool for both 3d and now 2d games.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread