Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What type of case do you use (bumper, flip, something else)?

Tip us?

Poi25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default [Q] What type of case do you use (bumper, flip, something else)?

Hey all,

Before the ZU, I always used bumpers. All of my phones prior to the Note 3 I used the Acase Superleggera PRO which was a dual layer (flexible silicone underneath a hard TPU shell) case that was awesome. They didn't make it for the Note 3 so I used a similar shell. Nonetheless, I never used a flip case until the ZU.

Only because of the size of the device did I purchase a flip case. I thought that with a device this big it would be harder to protect the screen.

My question to you all is: What type of case do you use with the Z Ultra??? Bumper, flip case, something else?

beerope
Old
Thanks Meter 45
none of your business
Galaxy Note-SuperNexus
Nexus 10-ParanoidAndroid

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5648
I don't use one.

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
I don't use one.
Me either

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

Poi25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerope View Post
none of your business
you must enjoy getting into threads early to troll...run along now

510jungleboy
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poi25 View Post
Hey all,

Before the ZU, I always used bumpers. All of my phones prior to the Note 3 I used the Acase Superleggera PRO which was a dual layer (flexible silicone underneath a hard TPU shell) case that was awesome. They didn't make it for the Note 3 so I used a similar shell. Nonetheless, I never used a flip case until the ZU.

Only because of the size of the device did I purchase a flip case. I thought that with a device this big it would be harder to protect the screen.

My question to you all is: What type of case do you use with the Z Ultra??? Bumper, flip case, something else?
I use the incipio Ultra Shine case. It is not so bulky. I like the double layer protection it has. Found a used one on eBay for $11 shipped. They retail for $39.99

Poi25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
I use the incipio Ultra Shine case. It is not so bulky. I like the double layer protection it has. Found a used one on eBay for $11 shipped. They retail for $39.99
I wish it had a cutout for the magnetic charging port. Does it look like it would be fairly easy to mod with a dremel? I saw a post of someone doing that with the Incipio feather case, but does it look possible with the one you have?

iLilDark
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poi25 View Post
Hey all,

when i bought my phone i got a free case as a gift (the one on the left) but i've never used it, a couple of days later my friend asked me to buy him a case for his Xperia Z off ebay, the seller sent the wrong case (case for Z Ultra not for the Z, the gold one)
so now i have two free cases but never used any of them, because the Z Ultra is too sexy & slim to be in a case
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2051.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	2610108  

Poi25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLilDark View Post
...now i have two free cases but never used any of them, because the Z Ultra is too sexy & slim to be in a case
I just know from previous experience that I will drop the ZU eventually. And the way things go in my life, the time I drop it without a case will be the time that it shatters into a million pieces.

Case = insurance for me

mistamikel
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I'll gladly take the cases if you have no use for them

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app
Nexus 4 and a Xperia Z Ultra are my best friends.