Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-off

Tip us?

dug13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S-off

Quick question, once one gains s-off would there be any reason one might need to turn it back on?
TIA

JoeNeckbone
Old
Thanks Meter 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by dug13 View Post
Quick question, once one gains s-off would there be any reason one might need to turn it back on?
TIA
Only reason I would is if your sending it in for service/exchange.

Sent from my lunar powered Inverted EclipticONE using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeNeckbone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dug13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNeckbone View Post
Only reason I would is if your sending it in for service/exchange.

Sent from my lunar powered Inverted EclipticONE using Tapatalk 2
I have s off, will anything automatically return my phone to s On status? Like doing a RUU, installing ROMs ota updates?
Will I be required to unlock the boot loader if I return to stock, or does s off ensure I won't need to?
TIA

Sim-X
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
I have s off, will anything automatically return my phone to s On status? Like doing a RUU, installing ROMs ota updates?
Will I be required to unlock the boot loader if I return to stock, or does s off ensure I won't need to?
TIA
Once your s-off it stays that way. RUU does reinstall stock hboot & stock recovery however s-off remains. Most people that do s-off will never turn it back on unless the phone is going in for warranty service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sim-X For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dug13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
Once your s-off it stays that way. RUU does reinstall stock hboot & stock recovery however s-off remains. Most people that do s-off will never turn it back on unless the phone is going in for warranty service.
Thanks, Will RUU require me to unlock the bootloader with S off?

Sim-X
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Thanks, Will RUU require me to unlock the bootloader with S off?
If I remember correctly you may have to relock your bootloader to run an RUU. Think of it this way, once your s-off you can do whatever you want to do. Upgrade/Downgrade hboots, splash screens, radios, run any ruu you want it's way better. As long as it shows s-off your good to go & it shouldn't ever come back on unless you turn it back on. Although I heard it is possible that HTC may be able to trigger an s-on with say an OTA update but I have never heard of that actually happening on any model HTC that I'm aware of.

dug13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
If I remember correctly you may have to relock your bootloader to run an RUU. Think of it this way, once your s-off you can do whatever you want to do. Upgrade/Downgrade hboots, splash screens, radios, run any ruu you want it's way better. As long as it shows s-off your good to go & it shouldn't ever come back on unless you turn it back on. Although I heard it is possible that HTC may be able to trigger an s-on with say an OTA update but I have never heard of that actually happening on any model HTC that I'm aware of.
Thanks, so S on, S off doesn't matter, you will still have to relock the boot loader to RUU, correct?

mcerk02
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks, so S on, S off doesn't matter, you will still have to relock the boot loader to RUU, correct?
I have not ran an RUU on my ONE yet, but I have run MANY RUU's on other phones, you do NOT need to relock bootloader to run the RUU, you must be S-OFF to run an older RUU or to downgrade, after the RUU, your bootloader will be LOCKED but still remain S-OFF, this is how it worked for me on every other phone I have done, I can't imagine why the ONE would be any different....