S-off

4th March 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

54 posts
Quick question, once one gains s-off would there be any reason one might need to turn it back on?
TIA
4th March 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #2  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 604

689 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dug13

Quick question, once one gains s-off would there be any reason one might need to turn it back on?
TIA

Only reason I would is if your sending it in for service/exchange.

Sent from my lunar powered Inverted EclipticONE using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeNeckbone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNeckbone

Only reason I would is if your sending it in for service/exchange.

Sent from my lunar powered Inverted EclipticONE using Tapatalk 2

I have s off, will anything automatically return my phone to s On status? Like doing a RUU, installing ROMs ota updates?
Will I be required to unlock the boot loader if I return to stock, or does s off ensure I won't need to?
TIA
5th March 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 128

554 posts
More
Quote:

I have s off, will anything automatically return my phone to s On status? Like doing a RUU, installing ROMs ota updates?
Will I be required to unlock the boot loader if I return to stock, or does s off ensure I won't need to?
TIA

Once your s-off it stays that way. RUU does reinstall stock hboot & stock recovery however s-off remains. Most people that do s-off will never turn it back on unless the phone is going in for warranty service.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sim-X For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X

Once your s-off it stays that way. RUU does reinstall stock hboot & stock recovery however s-off remains. Most people that do s-off will never turn it back on unless the phone is going in for warranty service.

Thanks, Will RUU require me to unlock the bootloader with S off?
5th March 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #6  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 128

554 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks, Will RUU require me to unlock the bootloader with S off?

If I remember correctly you may have to relock your bootloader to run an RUU. Think of it this way, once your s-off you can do whatever you want to do. Upgrade/Downgrade hboots, splash screens, radios, run any ruu you want it's way better. As long as it shows s-off your good to go & it shouldn't ever come back on unless you turn it back on. Although I heard it is possible that HTC may be able to trigger an s-on with say an OTA update but I have never heard of that actually happening on any model HTC that I'm aware of.
5th March 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X

If I remember correctly you may have to relock your bootloader to run an RUU. Think of it this way, once your s-off you can do whatever you want to do. Upgrade/Downgrade hboots, splash screens, radios, run any ruu you want it's way better. As long as it shows s-off your good to go & it shouldn't ever come back on unless you turn it back on. Although I heard it is possible that HTC may be able to trigger an s-on with say an OTA update but I have never heard of that actually happening on any model HTC that I'm aware of.

Thanks, so S on, S off doesn't matter, you will still have to relock the boot loader to RUU, correct?
6th March 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #8  
Slatington, PA
Thanks Meter: 66

214 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks, so S on, S off doesn't matter, you will still have to relock the boot loader to RUU, correct?

I have not ran an RUU on my ONE yet, but I have run MANY RUU's on other phones, you do NOT need to relock bootloader to run the RUU, you must be S-OFF to run an older RUU or to downgrade, after the RUU, your bootloader will be LOCKED but still remain S-OFF, this is how it worked for me on every other phone I have done, I can't imagine why the ONE would be any different....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread