Unhappy [HELP!] Xperia acro S soft-bricked

OP ItBankRock

20th July 2013, 08:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lipa City
Thanks Meter: 203

444 posts
More
Guys, please help me with my Acro S! Please keep in mind that my phone's bootloader is unlocked

This happened last Saturday (July 20, 2013)

SATURDAY EVENT:

While I was trying to flash a ROM... the internal sd card got corrupted (this was normal for the ROM because the developer left a MISTAKE on the zip's scripts)... the phone asked me to reformat it but before doing so... I tried some solutions online because MY IMPORTANT FILES ARE INSIDE THAT INTERNAL SD CARD

It told me to input this in the terminal emulator:
su
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

after that I rebooted my phone... phone won't boot anymore, it was soft-bricked!

I plugged it in the wall charger, after 24hrs, RED LED appeared, I kept on waiting till it turns green or disappears...

NOW:
After waking up in the morning I rushed to my phone, the RED LED is gone! I unplugged it from the wall charger and prepared my flashtool on pc for flashing the 6.2.0.B.211 Jelly Bean firmware FTF file. I plugged my phone to the pc while holding down the volume down button, RED LED appeared after connecting, I kept on holding the volume down button for 10 minutes, but between that, I ACCIDENTALLY UNPRESSED THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON AND IMMEDIATELY PRESSED IT AGAIN... After that, the RED LED disappeared! Nothing happened! Flash process didn't work! I unplugged it from the computer and plugged it again with volume down pressed, still nothing happened, no RED LED, nothing, I just heard the Windows "USB sound" and SEMC Flash Device appeared on Windows Device Manager.

Is the accidental unpressing of the vol down button the cause of this?

I charged it again on the wall charger using Stock Sony charger and after 30mins... RED LED appeared again... Should I wait for the green LED?

I repeat... I have unlocked bootloader and IT WAS ON cobrato's stock modified kernel for .211 firmware when this happened.

My Acro S charging:
Last edited by ItBankRock; 23rd July 2013 at 04:14 PM.
20th July 2013, 01:07 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,480

3,348 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1849170

try the link

there are a couple of things you can check to see if your XS is recoverable

Hold power + volume up And if your XS buzzes once then shortly after 3 times then your Xperia is fixable , take not that i suggest holding upto 30 seconds before giving up

after your Phone has buzzed 3 times try repairing your Xperia Via support zone in the sony Companion app

PS there is a Format SD card option in your Settings... its under your Storage menu
20th July 2013, 03:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Seremban
Thanks Meter: 204

1,101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1849170

try the link

there are a couple of things you can check to see if your XS is recoverable

Hold power + volume up And if your XS buzzes once then shortly after 3 times then your Xperia is fixable , take not that i suggest holding upto 30 seconds before giving up

after your Phone has buzzed 3 times try repairing your Xperia Via support zone in the sony Companion app

PS there is a Format SD card option in your Settings... its under your Storage menu

He got Acro S,dude...

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium
20th July 2013, 03:22 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,480

3,348 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaDareNial

He got Acro S,dude...

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium

i dont know too much about Acro S, but im quite sure you can unbrick it generaly the same way as you can with an XS ,
23rd July 2013, 10:42 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lipa City
Thanks Meter: 203

444 posts
More
OP revised guys... please help
30th September 2013, 11:09 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi. I am new to the forum.

1 week ago the same thing happened with my Acro S. Only I found him off and restarted. Currently the only LED lights red when I connect it to pc or charger. When connected to the PC, it sounds like I detect a USB. But nothing appears. Only admninstrador SEMC Flash Device devices. Achieve repair your acro s? If so, in what way fixed it?
thanks
Last edited by JG_20; 30th September 2013 at 11:16 PM.
1st October 2013, 02:27 AM   |  #7  

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_20

Hi. I am new to the forum.

1 week ago the same thing happened with my Acro S. Only I found him off and restarted. Currently the only LED lights red when I connect it to pc or charger. When connected to the PC, it sounds like I detect a USB. But nothing appears. Only admninstrador SEMC Flash Device devices. Achieve repair your acro s? If so, in what way fixed it?
thanks

try for a charger for a few hours, after that flashing it using flash tool.
2nd October 2013, 04:37 AM   |  #8  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian721

try for a charger for a few hours, after that flashing it using flash tool.

When I go to do the flashing, not detected tlf. Displays this:

01/008/2013 22:08:24 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
01/008/2013 22:08:24 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

And in device manager appears SEMC Flash device.
6th November 2013, 07:48 AM   |  #9  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_20

When I go to do the flashing, not detected tlf. Displays this:

01/008/2013 22:08:24 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
01/008/2013 22:08:24 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

And in device manager appears SEMC Flash device.

How to repair ACRO S????????????
6th November 2013, 01:51 PM   |  #10  
Flag Jakarta, ID

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItBankRock

Guys, please help me with my Acro S! Please keep in mind that my phone's bootloader is unlocked

This happened last Saturday (July 20, 2013)

SATURDAY EVENT:

While I was trying to flash a ROM... the internal sd card got corrupted (this was normal for the ROM because the developer left a MISTAKE on the zip's scripts)... the phone asked me to reformat it but before doing so... I tried some solutions online because MY IMPORTANT FILES ARE INSIDE THAT INTERNAL SD CARD

It told me to input this in the terminal emulator:
su
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

after that I rebooted my phone... phone won't boot anymore, it was soft-bricked!

I plugged it in the wall charger, after 24hrs, RED LED appeared, I kept on waiting till it turns green or disappears...

NOW:
After waking up in the morning I rushed to my phone, the RED LED is gone! I unplugged it from the wall charger and prepared my flashtool on pc for flashing the 6.2.0.B.211 Jelly Bean firmware FTF file. I plugged my phone to the pc while holding down the volume down button, RED LED appeared after connecting, I kept on holding the volume down button for 10 minutes, but between that, I ACCIDENTALLY UNPRESSED THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON AND IMMEDIATELY PRESSED IT AGAIN... After that, the RED LED disappeared! Nothing happened! Flash process didn't work! I unplugged it from the computer and plugged it again with volume down pressed, still nothing happened, no RED LED, nothing, I just heard the Windows "USB sound" and SEMC Flash Device appeared on Windows Device Manager.

Is the accidental unpressing of the vol down button the cause of this?

I charged it again on the wall charger using Stock Sony charger and after 30mins... RED LED appeared again... Should I wait for the green LED?

I repeat... I have unlocked bootloader and IT WAS ON cobrato's stock modified kernel for .211 firmware when this happened.

My Acro S charging:

What ROM are you trying to install ? And why don't you just flash a stable rom for a while so you can backup your data ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread