Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

US backer here with a 512/4GB model

Tip us?

gossipninja
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default US backer here with a 512/4GB model

So I got my watch today, and it has a NA baseband and makes calls over Tmobile, but only have 512 ram and 4gb storage.

Omate said ALL North American backers would get 1gb / 8gb (I actually paid for a 1gb/4gb) so it is odd, since I didn't even think they MADE any 512/4gb NA models.

Anyone else get a 512/4 model in North America?

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3269

DONATE TO ME
There have been a couple reports of this. Not sure you Omate feels about this but flashing the U.S. firmware may fix this. If it doesn't then somebody owes you a replacement.

If you plan to flash the stock NA 1900 firmware then use one of the guides here for flashing back to stock.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

gossipninja
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
There have been a couple reports of this. Not sure you Omate feels about this but flashing the U.S. firmware may fix this. If it doesn't then somebody owes you a replacement.

If you plan to flash the stock NA 1900 firmware then use one of the guides here for flashing back to stock.
yeah Daniel and I have been talking in KS comments, yeah it must be a euro with US firmware.

It can only get EDGE.

Waited so long too.

jamesarm97
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I received what looks like a 1gb/4gb model but the box has a sticker with 1gb/8gb on it and I did not receive my extra charging cable (at least is shows just over 1gb memory and 4.??gb storage. I can't tell yet if I have the correct radio inside. I am about to try my iPhone sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipninja View Post
So I got my watch today, and it has a NA baseband and makes calls over Tmobile, but only have 512 ram and 4gb storage.

Omate said ALL North American backers would get 1gb / 8gb (I actually paid for a 1gb/4gb) so it is odd, since I didn't even think they MADE any 512/4gb NA models.

Anyone else get a 512/4 model in North America?

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Well, the newer iPhone sim cards are smaller than the TS so I couldn't try it. Is there any way to tell if I have the right version before I go and void the warrant to install a larger memory card? I don't want to go and do anything if I have to send it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesarm97 View Post
Well, I received what looks like a 1gb/4gb model but the box has a sticker with 1gb/8gb on it and I did not receive my extra charging cable (at least is shows just over 1gb memory and 4.??gb storage. I can't tell yet if I have the correct radio inside. I am about to try my iPhone sim.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3269

DONATE TO ME
@jamesarm97

Settings/System/About/Baseband

1900 Baseband = MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4.P1

If it is missing the "P1" then that's the 2100 baseband. HOWEVER there has already been one report of a 512/4 with the 1900 baseband out of the box.

Are you sure it's a 1/4?
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

jamesarm97
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. I have the correct version (with P1). I must have actual received the version I backed (1gb/4gb) even though they mentioned US getting the 8gb version. I am showing 1.27gb internal space and 4.91 Phone storage. Am I reading that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
@jamesarm97

Settings/System/About/Baseband

1900 Baseband = MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4.P1

If it is missing the "P1" then that's the 2100 baseband. HOWEVER there has already been one report of a 512/4 with the 1900 baseband out of the box.

Are you sure it's a 1/4?

hus3695
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesarm97 View Post
Ok. I have the correct version (with P1). I must have actual received the version I backed (1gb/4gb) even though they mentioned US getting the 8gb version. I am showing 1.27gb internal space and 4.91 Phone storage. Am I reading that right?
I think the Omate software takes about 3.09GB that's why phone storage is about half of 8GB

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Lokifish Marz
Old
Thanks Meter 3269

DONATE TO ME
8GB it the total space. This is used for the OS, kernel, bootloader apps and so on. This is no different than any other Android phone.