Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM/GUIDE] 4.4.2 [LG Stock Rom] [Custom Recovery - Kernels - Root]

Tip us?

dr87
Old
(Last edited by dr87; 21st March 2014 at 01:02 AM.)
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8,878

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM/GUIDE] 4.4.2 [LG Stock Rom] [Custom Recovery - Kernels - Root]

First off huge thanks to every dev in this thread. At the time my G2 was being repaired so I didn't get to help out

By following the steps below, you can run the new 4.4.2 kitkat rom from LG (and 4.4.2 stock modified roms to come) with our old partitions which are fully loki-able

DO THIS ENTIRE PROCESS AT YOUR OWN RISK - IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THESE DIRECTIONS, THEY ARE NOT FOR YOU. I TRIED TO MAKE THEM AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. THIS WILL WIPE YOUR WHOLE PHONE. THIS IS FOR D801 ONLY.

Also please no stupid questions, I will not answer. I will try to help with legitimate problems.

If you upgraded to 4.4.2 through the KDZ or flashed the 4.4.2 stock rom from smiley on this forum (since he included the new partitions) you must follow every step here. If you are still on 4.2.2 partitions (You have these if you currently are using an aosp / cm rom with a custom recovery) - Then you may go straight to step 5.

1. You must revert to stock 4.2.2 using this guide. You must restore to the C version. DO NOT USE G. You can find the link to 801C here.

2. Once you successfully flash this, your phone should boot loop on the T-Mobile screen. Boot into recovery (which is now LG's stock recovery) once you are in press power twice to data reset. Remove the USB cable from the phone when trying to boot to recovery, it makes it much easier for some reason. After data reset your phone should now boot into stock LG 4.2.2

3. Root your phone with this.

4. Install a custom recovery with this guide. The TWRP listed in this guide is old and you must this one instead. Method 1 works fine for this if anyone is wondering.

5. At this point you should have 4.2.2 partitions with root and custom recovery. Bet you wish you didn't update to 4.4.2 Stock at this point

6. Boot into recovery. FULL WIPE EVERYTHING (Except for internal storage. This mean you wipe System Data Cache and Dalvik. Very Important.) Flash this Rom in recovery that I put together (And here is a Mirror). It contains the 4.4.2 KDZ system image with the 4.4.2 modem. Make sure you backup your EFS. The kernel inside this rom is stock LG 4.4.2 with a minor change to allow it to boot on the 4.2.2 bootloader. Thanks to the dev's in that thread who worked on it.

7. Flash SuperSU for root.

8. You are now on 4.4.2 Stock rom with recovery, root, loki and the ability to flash custom 4.4.2 stock kernels when they are released (soon)

At this point you will be able to flash any rom you want, including aosp stuff. Do not flash any other kernel on the included LG 4.4.2 stock rom. I will be making a custom kernel / 4.4 stock roms for this soon anyway - WHEN FLASHING 4.4.2 STOCK ROMS PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY DONT HAVE PARTITIONS BESIDES SYSTEM/MODEM/RPM/TZ INSIDE!!!! JUST OPEN THE ZIP AND CHECK INSIDE. ANYTHING EXTRA YOU WILL HAVE TO REDO THIS ENTIRE PROCESS !!!!!!!!
I really hope devs stop putting up roms with the new partitions included.
The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to dr87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gunnyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2,660

DONATE TO ME
Excellent. Thank you
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.

razrlover
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Awesome great job Doc.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ledvedder
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Excellent! Thank you!

One question, will this work for the D800? J/K

jimmydee62
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Just what I've been looking for. Thanks.

skyisthelimit83
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Niceeeeee !!!!!!

Finally, Thanks to everyone involved in making this possible.

Smokeey
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Can't get the download to finish, mirror?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

"the definition of open: 'mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make'" -Andy Rubin

Devices:
Droid Incredible
Samsung Galaxy Nexus[LTE]
LG G2[T-Mobile]

dr87
Old
(Last edited by dr87; 7th March 2014 at 10:20 PM.)
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8,878

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeey View Post
Can't get the download to finish, mirror?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
I'll put up a mirror for the stock rom zip, its going to take a little bit to upload. Guessing 25 mins from now expect the link.

Edit: Mirror up under Step 6
The Following User Says Thank You to dr87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

easyguy
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Thanks man.
LG G2
801 T-Mobile
CloudyG3 1.2 Stock Kernel

crackerjack9249
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I love you full homo lol

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crackerjack9249 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]