Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unroot and back to stock for phone return

Tip us?

eav1026
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Unroot and back to stock for phone return

i have a rooted AT&T HTC ONE phone OTA updated to 4.4.2, twrp recovery, HBOOT 1.56, s-ON, and im trying to unroot and go back to stock to return phone as i received it out if the box. I'm a NOOB on these things, can someone provide steps to proceed. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

rawrluiz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I won't post steps, but I'll point you in the right direction. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are to flash a stock Rom, it shouldnt leave you rooted, since every stock Rom comes without superuser/superSU, which primarily is what gives you root access. Therefore, find a stock Rom and flash that.

As for custom recovery, I'm not exactly sure how to restore that. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to find, download, and flash the stock HTC recovery , for your phone.

Finally, for the bootloader lock, you'll need to completely restore that so it doesn't say TAMPERED/RELOCKED/UNLOCKED upon booting into bootloader.

Google how to do that. In fact, Google everything you need. That's what you should've done in the first place. Google is your best friend. After all, you're using an android phone.