FORUMS

[Q] OTA root survival?

217 posts
Thanks Meter: 235
 
By XspeedPL, Senior Member on 15th April 2014, 10:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

The .1.201 update came out recently, and I am wondering if the root would persist after OTA update.
I have currently .0.266 with SuperSU installed on it.
Last edited by XspeedPL; 15th April 2014 at 10:43 AM.
 
 
15th April 2014, 11:54 AM |#2  
Schokonuss's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Forst
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Without doing anything, root would get lost. But in SuperSU settings there is survival mode (or however it is called). This should prevent the loss of root after OTA updates

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia SP C5303
The Following User Says Thank You to Schokonuss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 09:46 PM |#3  
Nanostray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schokonuss

Without doing anything, root would get lost. But in SuperSU settings there is survival mode (or however it is called). This should prevent the loss of root after OTA updates

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia SP C5303

Does this work too for the update from 4.1.2 to 4.3?
15th April 2014, 09:50 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,208
 
More
Yes and no. If I rememberd correctly the update from 4.1 > 4.3 is marjor and therefore the entire system and other stuff is diffrent which could prevent SU from working properly.

Also OTA survival is only for the donate or PRO version of that app..
15th April 2014, 09:59 PM |#5  
Schokonuss's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Forst
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider

Yes and no. If I rememberd correctly the update from 4.1 > 4.3 is marjor and therefore the entire system and other stuff is diffrent which could prevent SU from working properly.

Also OTA survival is only for the donate or PRO version of that app..

You can activate all Pro Features of SuperSU in the settings without paying anything BTW

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia SP C5303
16th April 2014, 08:37 AM |#6  
Nanostray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schokonuss

You can activate all Pro Features of SuperSU in the settings without paying anything BTW

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia SP C5303

True, all the way down in settings, but has anyone succeeded this method?
18th April 2014, 05:21 PM |#7  
Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I'm in this situation right now. Does this method work? Please let me know.
18th April 2014, 08:11 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,208
 
More
Why dont you guys just give it a go? It is pointless to keep asking while no one even dares to try it
19th April 2014, 06:31 AM |#9  
Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider

Why dont you guys just give it a go? It is pointless to keep asking while no one even dares to try it

I gave it a go. Root is intact. Did not check any option in Super User app!!

Sent from my C5302 using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 07:22 AM |#10  
headache59's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Sometimes, Superuser intact in the app drawer does not mean root is intact.
Test it by accessing certain root directories etc. Pls confirm - if it is so, then there is a 'short' method to root
19th April 2014, 09:40 AM |#11  
Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by headache59

Sometimes, Superuser intact in the app drawer does not mean root is intact.
Test it by accessing certain root directories etc. Pls confirm - if it is so, then there is a 'short' method to root

I know. When I say intact, I meant the access. Tested all the apps that needs root. Works fine!!

Sent from my C5302 using Tapatalk

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes