Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant Answer or End calls. Freezing or hangs.

Tip us?

bass740
Old
(Last edited by bass740; 7th March 2014 at 04:59 AM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cant Answer or End calls. Freezing or hangs.

Hello guys, my first post here and new to the droid world so please bare with me.

I just purchased a used HTC one that was locked to AT&T and unlocked it with a code to use on T-Mobile.

I found out when attempting to answer a call, there is no response, so I keep tapping until finally it answers. During the call, I cant turn on the speaker and if I do finally get it to work, it takes several taps to go back to normal mode, and sometimes it wont.

When ending the call its the same thing, I cant end the call.

Heres the kicker, this issue is only if I receive the call while Im already inside the phone. if I answer the call from the lock screen, then I dont have any of these issues, and can end normally.

Called HTC and they never seen such thing and are interested in the phone. I have no time to ship it to them to install a new Rom or for their developers to find out whats causing this.

What do you recommend I do here? I reset to factory more then 7x, unchecked fast boot. What you think is causing this? I thought maybe that Iam using a Tmobile sim on an AT&T phone is causing some conflict as the phone is filled with AT&T apps.
I would like to avoid rooting or anything that would prevent HTC from helping me in the future in the event I need to submit this phone to them.

I found this thread and it has no solution, even after a MB replaced, but this was a sensation and 2 years ago, so Im hopping there is now a fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1500182

Any help is appreciated.

Update-

Called the HTC phone from another phone, and after hanging up , the HTC ( with issues) just remained on the 'Answer or decline screen', froze for 5 minutes. Then got this message "Activity phone isnt responding. Do you want to close it?"

All the process showing up in developers options, during this freeze.

com.android.phone
system_server
Android.process.accore
com.cequint.ecid
surfaceflinger
com.android.systemmui
tpd
logcat2
mpdecision
kworker/0:0
Kworker/0:3
Kworker/3:0
Servicemanagerakmd
kworker/u:1
Kworker/u:3
Kworker/2:0
Kworker/2:1
Kworker/2:2

Another shot has plus the above on and off

khubd
irq/637-2-00d
rild
memlock
akmd
dhd_dpc
wpa_supplicant
com.android.mms

migration/2

com.htc.bgp

dhd_watchdog_th
wpa_supplicant

ksoftirqd/2

pnpmgr
adaptive

workqueue_trust

mmcqd/0

mediaserver

qmuxd
htc_ebdlogd
dhd_watchdog_th

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass740 View Post
Hello guys, my first post here and new to the droid world so please bare with me.

I just purchased a used HTC one that was locked to AT&T and unlocked it with a code to use on T-Mobile.

I found out when attempting to answer a call, there is no response, so I keep tapping until finally it answers. During the call, I cant turn on the speaker and if I do finally get it to work, it takes several taps to go back to normal mode, and sometimes it wont.

When ending the call its the same thing, I cant end the call.

Heres the kicker, this issue is only if I receive the call while Im already inside the phone. if I answer the call from the lock screen, then I dont have any of these issues, and can end normally.

Called HTC and they never seen such thing and are interested in the phone. I have no time to ship it to them to install a new Rom or for their developers to find out whats causing this.

What do you recommend I do here? I reset to factory more then 7x, unchecked fast boot. What you think is causing this? I thought maybe that Iam using a Tmobile sim on an AT&T phone is causing some conflict as the phone is filled with AT&T apps.
I would like to avoid rooting or anything that would prevent HTC from helping me in the future in the event I need to submit this phone to them.

I found this thread and it has no solution, even after a MB replaced, but this was a sensation and 2 years ago, so Im hopping there is now a fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1500182

Any help is appreciated.

Update-

Called the HTC phone from another phone, and after hanging up , the HTC ( with issues) just remained on the 'Answer or decline screen', froze for 5 minutes. Then got this message "Activity phone isnt responding. Do you want to close it?"

All the process showing up in developers options, during this freeze.

com.android.phone
system_server
Android.process.accore
com.cequint.ecid
surfaceflinger
com.android.systemmui
tpd
logcat2
mpdecision
kworker/0:0
Kworker/0:3
Kworker/3:0
Servicemanagerakmd
kworker/u:1
Kworker/u:3
Kworker/2:0
Kworker/2:1
Kworker/2:2

Another shot has plus the above on and off

khubd
irq/637-2-00d
rild
memlock
akmd
dhd_dpc
wpa_supplicant
com.android.mms

migration/2

com.htc.bgp

dhd_watchdog_th
wpa_supplicant

ksoftirqd/2

pnpmgr
adaptive

workqueue_trust

mmcqd/0

mediaserver

qmuxd
htc_ebdlogd
dhd_watchdog_th
I guess you just got scammed into buying a broken phone ... get a refund or send it to HTC or Try flashing an AT&T RUU ... doing a factory reset 7 times or even 100 times will not fix the system files, all it deletes is the /data partition.

A RUU on the other hand formats all the partitions and sets them back to factory setting.
HTC One 32 GB AT&T