[Q] Fire HD 8.9 stuck at first loading image, USB not functioning

OP markini6

1st March 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi there,

All was going well with my Fire HD 8.9, I rooted it, had the 2nd bootloader installed and was trying to install CM 11 before I got an error message saying that the jem version was the one I needed. I couldn't get my computer to recognise the the Kindle whilst in TWRP, so thought that I'd have to restore from the backup I made (of the stock Kindle OS and settings) to be able to transfer the version of CM that I needed. The backup seemed to work, but it hasn't in fact.
  • I turn on the Kindle and it gets stuck at the very first image of the logo, with NO animation
  • I'm unable to get back into TWRP
  • I can turn the kindle on and off but that's it
  • I can't use any recovery programs because my PC doesn't recognise the Kindle
  • I uninstalled and reinstalled the adb drivers, but when I connect the Kindle, my PC plays the 'Device Connected' then 'Device disconnected' sounds in quick succession, making the installation of any drivers fail
  • It's as though there's a brief second or two when USB works on the Kindle in terms of my PC knowing something is there, but then the USB disconnect noise plays

I only got it a day ago (managed to mess it up very quickly somehow!), so I could always try returning it if needs be, but hopefully that won't be necessary. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

EDIT - I can get the device to come up with fastboot mode and then the computer recognises it as an Adb device, but don't know where to go from there.
Last edited by markini6; 1st March 2014 at 03:23 AM.
1st March 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would try to fix it from recovery if possible, it is way easier than having to do the process over again. You do know how to get it back into recovery right? Hold down volume up right after you power it on, just keep holding it even after kindle logo turns blue until you see the twrp logo. If that doesn't work, I would use kindle fire first aid to restore it and start over, but if you can get it into recovery then you can simply push a ROM onto it via adb.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
1st March 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

I would try to fix it from recovery if possible, it is way easier than having to do the process over again. You do know how to get it back into recovery right? Hold down volume up right after you power it on, just keep holding it even after kindle logo turns blue until you see the twrp logo. If that doesn't work, I would use kindle fire first aid to restore it and start over, but if you can get it into recovery then you can simply push a ROM onto it via adb.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I actually managed to fix it in the end by using the fast boot command and then connecting the Kindle, then using the SR tool to erase user data and cache, before flashing the boot and recovery imgs (just saying in case anyone googles and this comes up and it might help).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread