Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Note 3 SMN900P

Tip us?
 
Shyne888
Old
#1  
Shyne888's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Palm Becah
Default [Q] Sprint Note 3 SMN900P

I can not get this device to root. I have tried everything i see or can think of. I really need some help. I have the SMn900p I have tried to root this phone all weekend. I cant do it for nothing. I will be throwing this phone out the window if i cant get it rooted. Right now im stuck at the RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING. Odin wont detect my device any more and when it was working i couldn't get Kies to detect it because my MTP option will not come up on the phone. If i try to update the device thru OTA i get a error about my connection and that i should try later or go thru Kies. I am beyond pissed that i paid so much money for the "best" phone without a contract and i cant even root it. Its really depressing smh...... Please someone help me.
 
shoaib4a
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2013
You have to root with cf n9005 root file it will root successfull i have tested

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to shoaib4a For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Shyne888
Old
#3  
Shyne888's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Palm Becah
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib4a View Post
You have to root with cf n9005 root file it will root successfull i have tested

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Can you point me to this file please?
 
rbeavers
Old
#4  
rbeavers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 697
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus Ohio
[QUOTE=shadricksimms;50792125]If on kit kat and using sprint you use this link no problems with cf root. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip

Sent from my XT897 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Screwed by Google. Canceled ICS upgrade on my Moto Photon 4G. and No Update for Photon Q for Kit Kat.

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE - CM 11.0 M8 - On ting.com - only Pay for what you GET.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery. "too new for ting"
Nexus 7 2012 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery.

Retired, Kids Toys, Gave Away &/or Bricked; HTC G1, Samsung Moment, 2 Photon 4G's, Samsung Nexus S 4G, Kindle Fire.
The Following User Says Thank You to rbeavers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Shyne888
Old
#5  
Shyne888's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Palm Becah
[QUOTE=rbeavers;50811495]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadricksimms View Post
If on kit kat and using sprint you use this link no problems with cf root. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...xx-smn9005.zip

Sent from my XT897 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sorry I guess I should have expressed that. I'm on 4.3 stock flashed to Red Pocket Mobile. My activation is locked I guess because I still have the green check telling me I need to activate the device. When my phone is in DL Mode The info says Custom and Knox is tripped 0x1 but I'm not rooted nor do I have a Custom Recovery (If any of that information helps) Thanks for the reply
 
slow_one
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 209
Join Date: Dec 2011
[QUOTE=Shyne888;50812061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeavers View Post
Sorry I guess I should have expressed that. I'm on 4.3 stock flashed to Red Pocket Mobile. My activation is locked I guess because I still have the green check telling me I need to activate the device. When my phone is in DL Mode The info says Custom and Knox is tripped 0x1 but I'm not rooted nor do I have a Custom Recovery (If any of that information helps) Thanks for the reply
You have Custom status since you are not on the Official OS/firmwre(for sprint).
 
rbeavers
Old
#7  
rbeavers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 697
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Please see the 'generic' Note 3 CF-Auto-Root thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2466423

This actual thread will become a proper CF-Auto-Root thread once I'm finished tying up all the lose ends. Please comment in this thread, but read the instructions and grab the file from the thread linked above.
Sent from my XT897 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Screwed by Google. Canceled ICS upgrade on my Moto Photon 4G. and No Update for Photon Q for Kit Kat.

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE - CM 11.0 M8 - On ting.com - only Pay for what you GET.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery. "too new for ting"
Nexus 7 2012 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery.

Retired, Kids Toys, Gave Away &/or Bricked; HTC G1, Samsung Moment, 2 Photon 4G's, Samsung Nexus S 4G, Kindle Fire.
 
Shyne888
Old
#8  
Shyne888's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Palm Becah
[QUOTE=slow_one;50812471]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne888 View Post

You have Custom status since you are not on the Official OS/firmwre(for sprint).
I am on official firmware. The custom status only came after i tried the Odin with CF Root.
 
slow_one
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 138
Posts: 209
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne888 View Post
I am on official firmware. The custom status only came after i tried the Odin with CF Root.
Are you on the 4.4.2 NAB or NABD firmware?
 
Shyne888
Old
#10  
Shyne888's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 66
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Palm Becah
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_one View Post
Are you on the 4.4.2 NAB or NABD firmware?
I am on 4.3

Tags
error, note3, odin, recovery, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes