Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 35,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Reviews about HTC One S, have a look before buy HTC One S

Tip us?

ishon
Old
(Last edited by ishon; 21st February 2014 at 11:39 PM.) Reason: Device Name mistake
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Post My Reviews about HTC One S, have a look before buy HTC One S

HTC One S is a android device which is powered by Android 4.0 OS. On my experience HTC One S should be a good smartphone for everyone. Lets see why I'm saying this

1. It has 4.3-inch AMOLED Display and 960 x 540 (qHD) screen.

2. The camera configuration is so impressive for users. Let see why,
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, smart LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures)
- F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 1080p HD video recording
- VGA front camera (It's not perfect for smartphone users, whatever it's not a big problem)
- Dedicated imaging chip
- Capture a photo in the midst of recording HD video
- Continuous shooting mode captures multiple snapshots
- Auto flash smartly determined by distance from your subject
- Video stabilization feature removes annoying, shaky motion
- High quality slow motion video capture and playback

3. There are 5sensors total in HTC One S which add extra feedback to it
- Gyro sensor
- G-Sensor
- Digital compass
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor

4. The CPU of HTC One S is 1.5GHz~1.7GHz, dual core. Some people are looking for quad core, so for this CPU some people may not like this device.

5. The main important is battery life. It has only 1650 mAh Battery which is not perfect for a smartphone in 1GB Ram. That's why many people maybe dislike HTC One S.

After review the full device I can give 4.2 out of 5.

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 105
You also left out the fact that it comes in a 32 and 64GB flavor of internal storage. But please OP maybe you should confirm what phone you have and or reviewing. If some one told you what you have is an HTC ONE then your description and information says nothing about and HTC ONE.

ihavoc
Old
Thanks Meter 18
No problem. Thought it was a troll posting at first. Glad you like your phone though.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheEndHK
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Well, I very love my One S because I prefer small flagship. I don't very like big screen I want one hand operation. The drawback on One S is qHD resolution really not that enough(but good for battery saving) and front camera resolution is bad.

However, the amoled quality and main camera is excellent. CPU and system is fast and smooth.

Kin93
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndHK View Post
Well, I very love my One S because I prefer small flagship. I don't very like big screen I want one hand operation. The drawback on One S is qHD resolution really not that enough(but good for battery saving) and front camera resolution is bad.

However, the amoled quality and main camera is excellent. CPU and system is fast and smooth.
I totally agree, the One S is an excellent phone for an all-in-one usage.

808phone
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I think the HTC ONE S is almost the perfect size for me. I wish the front camera was much better and I wish the display was an IPS with more resolution. The AMOLED burns way too much power for me.
The same phone with upgraded front camera and IPS display with more resolution would almost be the perfect phone.

The rest would be to allow the lock screen to run google now - like Siri does on the iPhone and this phone would be unbelievable.
CM11 runs smooth on this phone!