Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,204 Members 45,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

unzip has 350MB of background data (?!)

Tip us?

timonoj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default unzip has 350MB of background data (?!)

Hi guys,

This morning I just found out that unzip is taking 354MB of data just for itself. I never use this app, I just have it installed in case other apps use it as a library (ES file explorer, TB and similar?). Anyone knows what might have caused this crazy usage?

deandoi
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by timonoj View Post
Hi guys,

This morning I just found out that unzip is taking 354MB of data just for itself. I never use this app, I just have it installed in case other apps use it as a library (ES file explorer, TB and similar?). Anyone knows what might have caused this crazy usage?
Cache
<-- Hit the THANKS button if you liked my response.

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (Black Mist)
Stock 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM (SER)
Omega Kernel
Philz Touch Recovery (ClockWorkMod)
Modified AllBacksBlack Theme
Wanam Xposed

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 << Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 << Samsung Wave S8500 << Sony Ericsson G700 << Nokia 3650 << Nokia 3120 << Nokia 3530 << Nokia 3310

timonoj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandoi View Post
Cache
...could you ellaborate? Not sure if this means the cache of the device is too large, it's intending to keep some sort of cache for another app (which one?), or something else I don't get.
The unzip app has 0B of cache and 0B of data on storage.

deandoi
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
...could you ellaborate? Not sure if this means the cache of the device is too large, it's intending to keep some sort of cache for another app (which one?), or something else I don't get.
The unzip app has 0B of cache and 0B of data on storage.
maybe it's storing data from previously extracted files. check you file explorer for the folder of the app.

Omega Kernel
Wanam Xposed

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 << Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 << Samsung Wave S8500 << Sony Ericsson G700 << Nokia 3650 << Nokia 3120 << Nokia 3530 << Nokia 3310
The Following User Says Thank You to deandoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timonoj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandoi View Post
maybe it's storing data from previously extracted files. check you file explorer for the folder of the app.
Damn. Now I understand. It's my fault due to a very poor explanation (noticed the issue early in the morning, didn't even have breakfast back then). I shoiuld have said 354MB of mobile data, either sent or downloaded.

deandoi
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Damn. Now I understand. It's my fault due to a very poor explanation (noticed the issue early in the morning, didn't even have breakfast back then). I shoiuld have said 354MB of mobile data, either sent or downloaded.
you can restrict background data on certain apps.

cheers ~

Omega Kernel
Wanam Xposed

The Following User Says Thank You to deandoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]