App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[SOLVED!] [Q] How to restore FULL stock S4?

3rd March 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

54 posts
So I've got a rooted, unlocked i9505 on XXUEMKF running 4.3 but I can't get OTA updates because I get the "your device has been modified" pop-up. My question is how can I restore everything to complete factory settings so that it'll allow me OTA updates, remove my root access and run complete stock firmware and the like, I'd also like it to restore my warranty. I've read a few things and they all seem to state that I need to install a stock Samsung ROM, but I always thought that's what I've been running as I haven't flashed any ROMs, all I've done is root the device. It says that my device status is 'custom' but I'd like that to switch to normal too.
Anyone push me in the right direction?
Last edited by TheKeyboardWarrior; 9th April 2014 at 10:49 PM.
3rd March 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
How did you root your device?
3rd March 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag Hanau
Thanks Meter: 1,725

1,098 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you have the superuser app, go to it's settings, scroll down and you will see an option for totally unroot. Try this and if the Ota still not works, make a factory reset. Otherwise you have to Odin flash the stock Samsung firmware.
Maybe this guide helps:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477
Last edited by speedwayfan75; 3rd March 2014 at 07:51 PM.
3rd March 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemanpm

How did you root your device?

via Odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedwayfan75

If you have the superuser app, go to it's settings, scroll down and you will see an option for totally unroot. Try this and if the Ota still not works, make a factory reset. Otherwise you have to Odin flash the stock Samsung firmware.
Maybe this guide helps:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477

I'll give it a go now.
4th March 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

54 posts
So now I have a stock 4.3 UK ROM official from Samsung, when trying to update from the About Device menu it tells me that I'm on the latest firmware... Has my warranty returned? My Knox counter does shoe 0x1 however, is it impossible to reset? I've tried Triangle Away. I want to send this phone in for a replacement from an authorised Samsung seller, but they're asking me for proof from Samsung that my phone isn't rooted. Where do I go from here?
4th March 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 41

218 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeyboardWarrior

So now I have a stock 4.3 UK ROM official from Samsung, when trying to update from the About Device menu it tells me that I'm on the latest firmware... Has my warranty returned? My Knox counter does shoe 0x1 however, is it impossible to reset? I've tried Triangle Away. I want to send this phone in for a replacement from an authorised Samsung seller, but they're asking me for proof from Samsung that my phone isn't rooted. Where do I go from here?

Knox counter cannot be reset.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread