Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 47,265 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED!] [Q] How to restore FULL stock S4?

Tip us?

TheKeyboardWarrior
Old
(Last edited by TheKeyboardWarrior; 9th April 2014 at 10:49 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [SOLVED!] [Q] How to restore FULL stock S4?

So I've got a rooted, unlocked i9505 on XXUEMKF running 4.3 but I can't get OTA updates because I get the "your device has been modified" pop-up. My question is how can I restore everything to complete factory settings so that it'll allow me OTA updates, remove my root access and run complete stock firmware and the like, I'd also like it to restore my warranty. I've read a few things and they all seem to state that I need to install a stock Samsung ROM, but I always thought that's what I've been running as I haven't flashed any ROMs, all I've done is root the device. It says that my device status is 'custom' but I'd like that to switch to normal too.
Anyone push me in the right direction?

piemanpm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How did you root your device?

speedwayfan75
Old
(Last edited by speedwayfan75; 3rd March 2014 at 07:51 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1601

DONATE TO ME
If you have the superuser app, go to it's settings, scroll down and you will see an option for totally unroot. Try this and if the Ota still not works, make a factory reset. Otherwise you have to Odin flash the stock Samsung firmware.
Maybe this guide helps:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477

TheKeyboardWarrior
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemanpm View Post
How did you root your device?
via Odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedwayfan75 View Post
If you have the superuser app, go to it's settings, scroll down and you will see an option for totally unroot. Try this and if the Ota still not works, make a factory reset. Otherwise you have to Odin flash the stock Samsung firmware.
Maybe this guide helps:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477
I'll give it a go now.

TheKeyboardWarrior
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
So now I have a stock 4.3 UK ROM official from Samsung, when trying to update from the About Device menu it tells me that I'm on the latest firmware... Has my warranty returned? My Knox counter does shoe 0x1 however, is it impossible to reset? I've tried Triangle Away. I want to send this phone in for a replacement from an authorised Samsung seller, but they're asking me for proof from Samsung that my phone isn't rooted. Where do I go from here?

Zoddex
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeyboardWarrior View Post
So now I have a stock 4.3 UK ROM official from Samsung, when trying to update from the About Device menu it tells me that I'm on the latest firmware... Has my warranty returned? My Knox counter does shoe 0x1 however, is it impossible to reset? I've tried Triangle Away. I want to send this phone in for a replacement from an authorised Samsung seller, but they're asking me for proof from Samsung that my phone isn't rooted. Where do I go from here?
Knox counter cannot be reset.