Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 52,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Static Hiss LG G2 Earpiece

Tip us?

z45123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Static Hiss LG G2 Earpiece

I will say I bought this phone a week ago and love it but I am having one problem I noticed with the earpiece. I never noticed this till the other day when in a quiet room I went to make call and could hear a slight static or hiss coming from the earpiece before even making the call. Its not that loud but and seems similiar to the Nexus 4 problem. Now this will occur even if you are not making a call just put your ear up to the earpiece and there will be a light static hiss. I went to the ATT store to test their model on display and same thing you can hear a slight static hiss. I am wondering if this is normal since the store display had this and has anybody else noticed this. Thanks Again

PS I have the ATT Version and only notice in a silent area.

ArcaneDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Are you talking about headphones? Or a Bluetooth headset

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
If I have typos in my post I'm on my phone and in a hurry :P
My Devices
Nexus S - Sold
Droid Razr - Broken
Galaxy Nexus - Sold
Nokia Lumia 820 - Sold
LG G2 - Current

z45123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
The earpiece speaker when you make a call if you listen in a quiet setting when not making a call you hear like a static hiss sometimes you have to wait about 20 seconds to hear it and I noticed this with the display at a local att store. Thanks

z45123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
try putting the earpiece speaker up to your ear do not make a call and just listen there a slight static hiss. I am not sure if this is interference but there have been comments on the verizon and sprint versions as well. Thanks

ArcaneDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Earpiece speaker?

I'm having a hard time figuring out if you're talking about the phone itself, or you're using headphones.

If you're talking abut the phone itself, then I don't really know...

Maybe you can see a audio out partial wakelocks in bbs? I'm guessing it's something that hasn't shut the speaker off and is still running in the background.

My phone doesn't have this problem lol I hear nothing and I'm on AT&T version as well.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
If I have typos in my post I'm on my phone and in a hurry :P
My Devices
Nexus S - Sold
Droid Razr - Broken
Galaxy Nexus - Sold
Nokia Lumia 820 - Sold
LG G2 - Current

z45123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Its the earpiece speaker on the phone go into a quiet room total silent. Then simply act like your going to make a call but dont put the phone up to your ear and listen there is a slight static hiss coming from the speaker. I also posted a link that describes this better than I can. Thanks

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2502825

z45123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I have a quick question what version are you on 4.2 or kitkat. Thanks